Chapter 37: Inside the Car

"It's been an unsettling evening for you, hasn't it?"

Ling Ran didn't glance at Nan Yi but instead gazed at the distant neon lights.

Indeed, Nan Yi felt ill at ease, but he hesitated to acknowledge it.

So, he simply stood silently beside Ling Ran.

"I've felt the same," Ling Ran added.

Nan Yi looked at him, seeing only a gentle melancholy in the man's eyes.

"Zhang loves me, but he doesn't understand what I truly desire. I don't care for grand celebrations; I simply yearn for genuine joy."

"He's never concerned himself with what I truly want."

The winter's biting cold took Nan Yi by surprise.

If Ling Ran disliked such crowded gatherings, why hadn't he conveyed his feelings to He Zhang?

Had Ling Ran always simply followed He Zhang's decisions?

A prolonged silence enveloped them. Ling Ran continued to gaze distantly, lost in thought, while Nan Yi quietly supported him by his arm.

"In a relationship, sincerity is paramount. Whatever arises between you and Shen Shen, communicate earnestly."

Ling Ran's sudden statement caught Nan Yi off guard.

Why had the topic shifted to him?

"Shen Shen and Zhang have similar personalities — stubborn at heart. But I can tell he treats you differently."

Nan Yi wasn't sure why Ling Ran was suddenly sharing these insights with him. He merely listened, choosing not to respond.

Although He Yu Shen had been notably gentler with him tonight, Nan Yi wasn't deluded enough to believe that he'd genuinely fallen for him.

"Xiao Ran!"

While Nan Yi was lost in thought, the sound from behind startled him back to reality.

He Zhan's anxiety turned to evident displeasure when he saw Ling Ran standing with him on the open-air balcony.

"Why are you standing outside? Your legs will ache later tonight."

He Zhan approached Ling Ran with evident concern, and Nan Yi tactfully shifted to the side.

"It's just for a short while, I'll be fine."

"That's not acceptable."

Ling Ran was carried back to the room by He Zhan. Nan Yi watched their intimate silhouette leave and remained on the balcony for quite some time.

It was only when his hands began to stiffen from the cold that he went inside.

Everyone on the first floor had already left. As he descended, he unexpectedly ran into He Yu, who, with a dark expression, was taking out his phone.

Upon seeing him, the alpha hesitated and put down the phone.

With a frown and cold demeanor, he asked, "Why did you go upstairs?"

As soon as Nan Yi descended the staircase, He Yu approached him, "It's getting late, let's go."

Nan Yi quietly followed behind the alpha. When they left, they rode in the same car.

In the confined space, Nan Yi occasionally glanced to his side, admiring the smooth lines of the handsome jawline and profile, which looked as if they were drawn by an artist.