Chapter 67: Who are you really concerned about?

A tingling sensation came from his earlobe; Nan Yi whispered an acknowledgment.

"Feng Feng, Brother Bai, I'll be leaving first."

He Yushen waited patiently for him to finish speaking, then gently bent down to lift Nan Yi from the bench.

"He Yushen..."

Nan Yi's face flushed, his ears turning a shade of crimson.

Hearing the commotion, Yin Feng turned his head.

....................... That damn He Yushen.

"Feng Feng... Is this real?"

"Aren't you a doctor? Can't you understand?" Yin Feng looked exasperatedly at the disbelieving alpha next to him.

Nan Yi was carried by He Yushen all the way out of the hospital and into the car. The latter constantly sneaked glances at him from the driver's seat.

At a stoplight, the hand that was previously on the passenger seat gently rested on his cloth-covered skin.

Nan Yi: .................

The usual short journey to the villa today took an extra ten or so minutes.

The reduced speed, the gaze that kept sticking to him, and the legs that hadn't touched the ground since leaving the hospital.

After being placed onto the bedroom bed by the alpha, Nan Yi once again felt He Yushen's care for him.

The alpha, who usually held himself with high regard, was now removing his shoes.

Watching the inexpensive bunny slippers he'd worn for so long being picked up by the alpha, Nan Yi spoke up, "He Yushen, I'm an inferior omega."

"Hmm."

The alpha merely hummed in acknowledgment, his actions uninterrupted. Nan Yi felt the fluffy texture enveloping his feet.

With a hint of nervousness, he softly asked, "Aren't you bothered that I'm an inferior omega? What if... our child is, too?"

Given He Yushen's background, an inferior omega was hardly a match for him.

How could such a distinguished alpha accept that his offspring might be of inferior quality?

"Nan Yi, whether our child is extraordinary or ordinary, I won't care. They will be both yours and mine."

"I love you. Everything about you, I cherish. Understand?"

He Yushen's gaze was intense, leaving Nan Yi somewhat dazed.

Chuckling softly, He Yushen pulled Nan Yi into his embrace, "Still, I do have a preference for a sweet little omega, just like you."

The thought of a mini version of an omega sweetly calling him 'Dad' made his smile even brighter.

Blushing further from He Yushen's candid words, Nan Yi mumbled, "What if it's an alpha?"

He Yushen corrected, "A sweet little omega."

Nan Yi: ............

He Yushen sat back on the bed, cradling a blushing Nan Yi.

The delicate body in his arms felt incredibly fragile. His brow furrowed, and his smile dimmed. One hand cradled Nan Yi's cheek, soft but not chubby.

"You're too thin. You should eat more."

"Hmm."

Nan Yi felt an unprecedented level of happiness.