Chapter 114: Nan Zhi Has a Fever

This raspy, soft voice left Lin Qiu Wu somewhat dazed and stirred his compassion.

He replied coldly, "Considering you've always taken care of him, I'll grant you this winter."

"No! It's not like that."

"At most, you can see him once a month from now on. This is my final concession. It would be wise of you to accept it!"

"Daddy! Food!"

Just as the Alpha finished speaking, the little alpha, who had been coaxed into eating by the butler, came toddling over, his voice soft and milky, with a grain of rice stuck to his lips.

Fearing that Lin Yun Jian might get worried, Nan Zhi quickly wiped away his tears.

"Daddy? Red...red..." Lin Yun Jian, looking up at his omega daddy's reddening eyes, voiced his concern.

"Some dust got into daddy's eyes just now. I've rubbed it out. Have you had enough to eat, Jian Jian? Once you're full, we can go home."

Nan Zhi crouched down to envelop the little alpha in his arms, his voice trembling ever so slightly.

Lin Qiu Wu's stern face softened upon the little alpha's appearance, but it tensed again upon hearing Nan Zhi's words.

"Daddy's here. We won't leave."

Lin Yun Jian began speaking earlier than most children his age. Perhaps because he, along with Lin Qiu Wu, was a product of a premium omega and alpha, the not-yet-two-year-old spoke as fluently as a three-year-old and had even picked up many words.

"We won't stay at your father's place. Shall we go back to daddy's little nest?"

"Mhm." The little alpha nodded obediently.

Wetness threatened to spill from Nan Zhi's eyes again.

How could he bear to let such a sweet child like Lin Yun Jian leave his side?

Nan Zhi, crouching on the ground, picked up Lin Yun Jian and began walking towards the door.

"Daddy...?"

Lin Yun Jian rested his head on Nan Zhi's shoulder, his round, bright eyes fixed on Lin Qiu Wu seated on the sofa.

With a blank expression, Nan Zhi held the little alpha and continued walking away from the room.

Lin Qiu Wu's gaze met with that of Lin Yun Jian on Nan Zhi's back. Gradually, they moved further away until only the silhouette of the omega remained in view.

The autumn chill was already in the air. It was high time Lin Yun Jian had some warm clothes, but Nan Zhi wasn't in the mood today.

He took Lin Yun Jian out and immediately hailed a taxi, heading straight back to their home where a nanny was looking after the obedient little alpha.

The last thing Nan Zhi had was the porridge in the morning, but he wasn't hungry, only feeling an overwhelming sense of exhaustion.

He curled up in bed, setting the air conditioner to its coldest setting and wrapping himself tightly in blankets, savoring the warmth for a long time.

When he felt too warm, he would toss the blankets aside to let in some air. Given the already chilly autumn and the cooling of the air conditioner, after repeating this several times, his head began to feel heavy.

His head felt like it was burning. As dusk approached, the nanny called him for dinner.

"Mr. Nan, are you awake? It's dinner time, and I've prepared your favorites."