38

EBF 38

The engagement preparations were in full swing the next evening. The house was shimmering in fairy lights and decorated with flowers. Guests had started arriving an hour ago.

Manik sneaks into Sukanya's room, but to his surprise, both the girls turn at once to look at him. He forgot completely that Kastuki and Sukanya share the room and his expression made it completely clear making Sukanya blush and Kastuki burst out in laughter.

"I am sorry." He bites his tongue but can't take his eyes off Sukanya who was wearing a silver lehenga.

"I hope I am not disturbing because I really need to get ready right now." Kastuki's words bring Manik back from his dreamland.

"Uhh.... Umm..." Manik opens his mouth to say something twice but shuts it, making both girls giggle.

It's then when Atharv barges in reducing Manik's embarrassment but increasing his own instead.

"Sukanya, how long are you going to take?" His eyes once land on Kastuki and he can't help but be enchanted by her, she's wearing an indo-western sky-blue dress, with her hair tied in a messy bun.

"Do I look weird? Shit, I look weird." She interprets Atharv's admiration in a completely different way. Manik and Sukanya look at each other and try controlling their laughter looking at the two of them. "I have never done an updo. Sukanya thought it would look good with my dress but I look completely stupid. Don't I? She says panicking.

Sukanya pushes Atharv towards Kastuki eyeing him to do something, he eyes back on what he could do, so she just signals him to do something, anything.

Atharv held Kastuki's hand as she was about to open her hair, "Don't." Kastuki turns to look at him, "I didn't mean that you look weird."

"No, you are just saying this to be nice, now."

"No... I swear you don't look weird." He smiles because she looks so pretty but she again interprets it in a wrong way.

"You are making fun of me aren't you."

"No. God no."

"Then why are you smiling like that? I look funny. I shouldn't be doing anything with my hair."

"Okay... look your hair is fine. Leave them alone."

"Is it something else?" She turns to look in the mirror and examines herself closely. "Is it the eyeliner? Or is it the lipstick?"

"It's nothing."

"Then why are you laughing."

"I am not laughing."

"Look." She points towards the mirror making him look at himself and he is grinning foolishly.

"Okay... I am grinning but it's not because there is something wrong with you."

"Then why?"

"Oh! God... Help me, Sukanya." Sukanya and Manik laugh out at his plight.

"Now even you two are laughing. There is something definitely wrong." She says being worried. "Please tell me what it is." She was clearly too nervous. She starts untangling her hair.

Atahrv holds her hand and pulls it away from her hair, "God! Woman. You look gorgeous. You look bloody beautiful. I can't take my eyes off of you. That's why they are laughing. They are laughing at me not you." He says in a single breath.