6.

6.....

☆At Night when Sukanya is at Malhotra's....

@SHIVIKA'S ROOM....

"Shivaay....." Anika sits besides Shivaay who was sitting on the recliner with his eyes closed tightly. On hearing his name he opens his eyes and sits upright so Anika sits beside him.

"Umm...." She hesitates to speak anything so Shivaay looks at her waiting for her to speak the words that she is holding in.

"Shivaay we need to talk to Sukanya."

Shivaay looks at her for a while contemplating his thoughts carefully, "Anika I too think that but I don't think so it's the right time. I guess we are late."

"Shivaay let's not be more late then." Anika says impatiently.

"Anika I don't think Sukanya will tell us anything. Ever since Parinaaz has passed away she has refused to talk to anyone. How much ever we may try she just sits in her room closes it and shuts herself away from the world. On that night when we went to comfort all she said was that she is okay and we shouldn't be worried and then she left. I am really tired of her closing herself away from all of us. I understand that whatever she is facing is traumatizing but she has to let go." Shivaay says trying to hide his frustration but failing miserably. "All I know is that I have failed badly as father and this thought will haunt me to death."

Anika runs his shoulder while holding back her tears, "Shivaay..... please don't say this."

"Anika what do you expect then. Don't tell me you don't feel as if you have failed. I can see it in your eyes."

Anika can't hold back her tears anymore so she let's them flow freely, "I know Shivaay I have failed but I haven't lost hope and I wish you too don't."

"I wish Parinaaz never came into Sukanya's life." Shivaay says with resent filling in him.

"Please Shivaay don't say such things she is no more." Anika says feeling that his words offended a deceased.

"I don't care Anika." He gets on his feet furiously, "Over there my daughter is going through the worst phase of her life. Getting to relive the worst memories. While she is being seen as a person of interest by the police. Being openly threatened by Mehta's what's left. Honest, what else is left for her to go through. I guess she was better off when she hadn't met me."

"SHIVAAY....." Anika shouts as rage takes over her with his words.

"At least her life wasn't in danger back then, Anika. Ever since she has come here her life has been threatened. There is sword hanging over her head. She has been kidnaped, nearly killed, depressed. At least she was happy back then. I haven't seen her smiling in forever Anika. In forever." Shivaay shuts his eyes controlling his anger and tears. Anika couldn't disagree with him, every word he said was true. Things always went down the hill whenever they were together. It happened in the past and it's happening all over again.

"What are you suggesting Shivaay?" Anika asks fumbling on her words.

"Take her away. Take her far away from me. Staying away from the life I have to offer her which is so dangerous that it can take her life away it would be better she lives her old life. I will be more then happy to see her live safely Anika." Anika looks at him not at all appalled she had expected this since a long time and she knew she was the one to suggest this, though she had shouted in an argument but both of them knew it was true and must be done. Life here has given Sukanya nothing but trouble. She hasn't been able to smile as in forever.