40

EBF 40

Five Years Later

It took Sukanya one year to decide that she was finally ready to study abroad and take a leap of faith. Shivaay had told her that, "Life is a beautiful thing and should be experienced not feared. I had some of my best time studying abroad. Those experiences are unmatched. You should really go and we will always be here for you. After two years you are going to come back after all." Her family is her anchor. After completing her education, she returned back to India and started working with Manik to create a new startup. It took them several sleepless nights to finally make their startup a success and today they were going to merge with the Oberoi's industry. They had to present their work in front of fifty board members followed by two hundred shareholders and their collaborative vote would decide their future.

Sukanya never wanted to inherit the Oberoi empire from her father but she wanted to join in and eventually earn her way up. Manik on the other hand was never interested in business and the only reason he worked for the startup was to earn enough money and find investors so he could start his own ethical hacking company. Both of their dreams could either come true or they will have to start all over again.

"Badi maa will come here any minute we need to get Sukanya di here before that." Amanat said hurriedly removing the bedsheet.

"How long are we going to play this game? Seriously, di lives in her office so why do we need to bring her back home every other morning? This would have been so much fun if she would rather go clubbing. Then I would happily accompany her." Ravitanya says while yawning as tries to pull herself awake.

"One dancing ninja is enough in this house. We don't need any more of that" Aditi says entering the room. "You know today's day is really important for Di and Manik bhaiya and Anika maa has kept this puja solely for their success."

"Don't worry, Advik bhaiya is on his way. You guys just clean the room." Krish says helping Amanat with bedsheets.

Aditi slaps Ravitanya's head with the magazine, "Wake up and clean the table."

Ravitanya looked tormented by her actions, so she pouted, "Di, please." She rubs her head, "Have some pity on your poor sister. My head is blasting from a hangover."

"You idiot, how many drinks did you have last night."

Ravitanya mumbles and then complains to them, "Why do you guys always treat me like this. How is my situation different from Sukanya di? But I am not getting any kind of special treatment. You guys are not cleaning up my room."

All of them pretended to puke at the thought of cleaning her room, "Please, Anya di. I would rather die than clean your room." Krish said pointing two fingers at his head and shooting himself imaginatively.

"Hell, smells better than your room, Anya." Amanat adds. "And as far as Sukanya di is concerned. Do not compare yourself with her, she has been busting her ass for this merger and you have been twerking your ass in in the club. You two are as apart as the north and south poles." Her comment receives a burst of good laughter from her audience.

"Come on. I am the only responsible one in this house." Anya says proudly.

"If by that you mean responsible for maxing out our credit cards. Then hell yes." Aditi retorts.

"Come on... everyone in this house earns so much somebody should be capable enough to put that money to good use and I put the money to good use. I am the most reasonable among all of you."