23.

23.

MAHESHWARI SADAN...

Sukanya contemplates her options as she stands in front of the Manheshwari's house, either she could go back and let someone else do this or she must go inside on her own and that too right now. Fear loomed in her heart of being unable to face them especially after all that had happened in court today. She was scared of being ranted by anyone anymore. It had become really hard to take all of that and pretend that you are sane. Her heart was already wrenching with her grandfather's words and the accusations made in court that day but her gut feeling told her that she has to do this. She has to. Taking a deep breath Sukanya tries to calm herself down. A single breath soon turns into a series of deep breaths. Her mind can't contemplate her decision while her heart is facing constant uneasiness.

 Her mind can't contemplate her decision while her heart is facing constant uneasiness

Sukanya finally rings the bell after standing at the door for five minutes. A few seconds later the door was opened and the moment she saw the person who opened the door she feared being shouted at. It was Hredhaan's mother, Tanvi Maheshwari.

"Sukanya

"Sukanya..." Said Tanvi with a polite smile to see an unexpected guest on her doorsteps.

"Namaste aunty ji." Sukanya greets Tanvi politely and nervously.

"Namaste beta." Tanvi greets her and Sukanya still wants to run away but it was too late. "Come on in." Regardless, all the force pulling her in the opposite direction Sukanya follows Tanvi inside.

"Please have a seat. I will call Hredhaan right away."

"No." Sukanya stops Tanvi on her way. "I am not here to meet Hredhaan. Actually...."

"It's alright. Sit down." Tanvi says, she understands Sukanya's nervousness. "I will get you some water." Sukanya nods as Tanvi leaves to get her some water and reappears shortly after. Sukanya gulps down the water which helps her nerves a little bit.

"Now tell me how may I help you."

"Aunty I want to meet your father-in-law."

"Papa ji... why?"