43

EBF 43

MUMBAI

"Now you want our help?"

"Yes, and please stop exaggerating Anya."

"Does that mean you always wanted to marry him?" Aditi asks.

"Of course, we have been together for forever. Why would I not want to marry him?" All the siblings look at each other, then stare at her like she is crazy, and then one by one over each other.

"Because you said No."

"Why did you say no?"

"Were you crazy back then?"

"Is this some kind of elaborate prank?"

"Is this some kind of test?"

"Oh my God! Take a breather." Sukanya stops their train, "What's wrong with you guys?"

"What's wrong with you, di?"

"Nothing..." She looks completely confused, "Why are you asking? What's going on?"

"Okay... let's go a little back in this story," Advik says. "Exactly, two years back and exactly, on your third anniversary. Do you remember what happened?"

Sukanya gulps and nods.

"Manik bhaiya took you all the way to Lonavala, the exact place you guys went on your first date. It was this romantic weekend." Aditi continues.

Krish follows, "He took you there in a limousine. There was a carpet of roses. A beautiful tent and dining table. The food was steaming hot and champagne completely cold."

Ravitanya picks up, "He was wearing a blue velvet tuxedo and you were in this gorgeous red dress. THAT I PICKED UP FOR BOTH OF YOU. SPECIALLY..."

Amanat continues, "He played your song and you both danced as the sun went down. And with the sun he too went down on his knees and brought that beautiful scintillating double row of brilliant bead-set diamonds, an elegant cushion cut emerald centre stone, and a magnificent platinum band which looked like a dream and was worth his one year of internship savings. And you said..."

"NO. You said no." Advik finishes in displeasure.

"You broke that pure guy's heart by saying no. You ruthless monster."

"I am your sister." Sukanya says emphasising.

"Fine, we love him more," Anya says completely irked.

"That's why you all were mad at me for a month."

"You are mistaken sis... we are still mad. Manik bhaiya is the definition of a perfect boyfriend and you broke his heart."

"Oh my god! Stop exaggerating. I did not break his heart. I wasn't ready back then."

"And now we are not. We don't trust you with him." Aditi says folding her hand in front of her chest and staring down at her sister.

"Exactly... we are team Manik bhaiya."

"You got him easy girl. Very easy. So, forget it you are on your own." Amanat adds on.

"How can you guys do this to me?" She makes a puppy face and all of them nod their head in a big no and turn away.

"Don't use your puppy face on us. We are not going to fall for it all over again."