PART 44.... NEW YORK....

NEW YORK....

The jubilantly alive city shone under the moon rays and the sparkling lights of the high rose building made it seem more like fairy lights being laid across an otherwise black wall.

Whilst the hustle and bustle of the city a car stretches in the roadway.

Shivaay shaking Anika's shoulder: Anika, wake up we have reached.

Anika: Shivaay please let me sleep na.

Shivaay chuckles looking at her cute pout but continues: Anika, you can go and sleep inside.

Anika in lazy tone, doesn't realises what she is saying: You can take me inside too.

Shivaay smirks: Fine then.

He goes and opens the door of his house the beautiful big magnificent house was arched in New York fashion with black painted roofs, with quite a touch of greenery. As Shivaay opens the door nostalgia seems to run back as his tear up. That's when he feels a hand wrapping around his torso and a face being placed on his shoulder, in less then microseconds he knew who the very person is, none other then his son, his sole support in the years back then. He pats Atharv's cheeks who kisses him lightly.

Atharv: I really love this place, papa.

Shivaay: Me too, Atharv.

Atharv with a pretty smile on his face: You remember how we use to mess up in the garden while watering the plants.

He says pointing towards the garden, while Shivaay chuckles and nods. What days were they. But nothing close to what they are today. The time has changed but only for the best.

Shivaay holds Atharv's hand in his and walks to the door that opens to the main hall and taking out his key he opens the door only to reveal more of their beautiful past, yes, that was beautiful though they were incomplete as a family yet they supported each other through all the thick and thins of their life. As the warm and cosy, welcoming air hits their body they realise that "once a home, is always a home". The walls, the hanging pictures, the vases, the showcases and even the furniture is welcoming and as if elated with their homecoming. 

Atharv plops on the sofa with a bang taking in the essence of the place, while Shivaay sits besides him.

Atharv: Remember dad, how we use to play here in the living room and always end up sulking on the sofa after our master chase games.

Shivaay chuckles remembering those beautiful moments: And I even remember how you would always stay up waiting for me on this sofa and when I failed to show up at night and come late in the morning you would be all red boiling in anger and frustration.

Atharv chuckles and lays his head on his father's shoulder: You have messed up so much but still I always use to love it when you tried making it up for me and always kept following me through out the day.

Shivaay wraps his arm around Atharv pulling him in side hug as both become emotional.

Atharv: Papa....

Shivaay: Hmm....

Atharv: Mumma and Suk are out in the car.

Shivaay's eyes shoot up to look at his son who is trying to control his laughter by biting his tongue.

Shivaay: Oh no. You go in and get freshened up. I will get the duo.

Atharv giggles and nods and walks away.

Shivaay goes out only to find Anika trying to wake Sukanya up. Shivaay approaches the duo.

Shivaay: Anika....