11.

11.

Atharv drove to the Oberoi's Mansion and wished to drop Sukanya there and leave but she was already half asleep so he escorted her to her room. He just wanted to leave but couldn't especially after seeing Sukanya's dazed condition. So he plopped on the sofa after taking the case files that caught his attention. Sukanya would have never left them hastily anywhere like that but after the heated argument her mind wasn't at the right place.

Atharv starts reading through the police report and the attached forensics report.

Case no. : 842MI79JY
Date : 20 January 2020
Reporting Officer : ACP Adhiraj Shekhawat
Prepared by : ACP Adhiraj Shekhawat
Issue / Incident : Sucide or Murder at Rabindranath Tagore Gaden, Mumbai University
Victim's Name :  Unidentified Female
Victim's Age :   -

●Description of incident / issue:

At 12 noon, on 20th January 2020 police headquarters was called in as an unknown body was found in the Rabindranath Tagore Garden of Mumabi University. At 12:30 pm a police team headed by ACP Adhiraj Shekhawat including Sr. Inspector Harsh Goenka, Sr. Inspector Veena Mathur, Jr. Inspector Ramesh Behl, Jr. Inspector Dev Shah, Jr. Inspector Nandita Rawat, Jr. Inspector Shri Gupta, Hawaldar Vijay Narang and Hawaldar Rupeesh Singh reported at the premises of University campus. A team of forensics headed by Dr. Varun Mittal, HOD forensics department, All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), Mumbai accompanied by Sr. Dr. David Smith, Sr. Dr. Mahi Sehagal, Jr. Dr. Manya Suri, Jr. Dr. Ruhaan Jain, Lab assistant Veena Singh and Lab assistant Mohit Grover, also reached at the crime scene at 12:40 pm to investigate the body found in the campus. 

The body's face was destroyed as a tree had fallen on it and due to the disfiguration it became difficult to identify the victim. After checking the body we found a university identity card on name of Parinaaz Mehta,  a chain, a car key, a watch and a wallet with the victim. The victim was fully dressed and there was nothing else found with the victim. According to the preliminary forensics tests the victim's body was half burned with no sign of any other form of assault or use of any weapon. The body was buried under a tree which had fallen down due to the storm. The cause of death may or may not be the burning of victims body. Preliminary forensics analysis points at asphyxiation being the cause of death.

After frisking the crime scene there were no elements found because of the storm the previous night which most likely had adulterated the crime scene. Taking in account the lividity of the victim's body, forensics assured that the victim died night before, that is on the night of 19th January 2020, Sunaday. The victim's body is in custody of the forensics department and the Rabindranath Tagore Garden has been sealed to avoid any further adulteration.

Further investigation with head of Departments, teachers and students lead to finding that Parinaaz Mehta was student of University Of Business School, Mumbai University. She studied in second year. The night i.e. 19th January 2020, Sunday was celebration of a university fest ZEPHYR. On that night students from various departments of university had assembled in the Jackson
Atrium, including Parinaaz Mehta.

All the students were together in the fest with university staff. University staff present at the fest included Sr. Prof. Mithali Nanda, Prof. Vandita Gera, Dr. Prof. Satpal Singh, Sr. Prof. Vivian Arora, Sr. Prof. Nandita Subhramaniyam, Prof. Aarti Aggarwal, Prof. Namya Vij, Prof. Arvind Behl, Prof. Arush Talwar and the non-teaching staff included Dilraj Singh, Ram Verma, Suboodh Mishra, Gautam Pal and Narayan Dugh. (ID's have been attached.)