PART 27... PAST RELOADS...

@PART 27

@ATHARV'S ROOM
Atharv is sitting on the bed with Shivaay's photo frame in his hand clenching it closer to his chest while his eyes have tears which aren't stopping any sooner. All his life he has just had his father besides him and even the thought of loosing him has created a havoc in his heart, it's even difficult to breath in his absence far is the thought of living without him. No matter who so ever comes and goes from his life the place of his father is always reserved no one can replace him in his life. And today just the news is making him loose all his strength he can't take it at all. It's then when Sukanya enters his room and places her hand on his lap.
Sukanya: Bhai.
Atharv looks at her with his eyes all teary and hugs her immediately not being able to control himself he cries harder hugging his sister while Sukanya rubs his back to calm him down.
Suk: Relax bhai, billu ji will be fine he will come back. Trust me bhai please.
Atharv in between his sobs: I trust you doll but I don't trust my fate. I can't live without him. You know he is my life I can't bear to loose him doll. I can't.... Not this time... It was really hard the previous time... Please Doll please get him back I can't afford to lose him.... Please.... Doll.... Please.

He keeps pleading Sukanya who is all mechanical and expressionless by now and the words of Atharv take her down one of the worst times of her life, the time where she had rediscovered the meaning of word "HELPLESSNESS" the time which gave her the worst nightmare of her life and the time which changed her forever and ever. The time which she doesn't even wants to visit in her memory. No doubt it turned to be the best time of her life as she came closer to an unknown man who now is her father. But with the good memories returned the bad ones too.

@FLASHBACK
@NEW YORK

The clouds were thundering heavily the entire sky was doomed in darkness and in between that dark night from somewhere flashed a lightning, lightening the streets of New York and darkening it the very next second. The shops were closed and street lights were not the only source of light but even the dimly lit lights of few houses that were decorated for the Christmas eve that is too arrive within few days. The cloud roared again, bursting the water within it.
Among all this was a young boy roaming with his bicycle aimlessly on the roads his face pail like the setting sun, eyes puffed up with continuous crying, body shivering with cold tremors and he trembling with fear. The cold night and cloud burst did nothing good to him rather worsened his condition with every passing second he keeps walking more mechanically and aimlessly as if in search of some precious possession but his small tired legs giving up their strength but still he keeps dragging himself unaware of his destination, unknown to the know roads, he walks and walks and walks nothing else does he do but just walks and walks. With every passing step the distance seems to increase more and his wait increases many folds. Finally he stops, stops to pick up his phone, only to hear the ranting from other side and accept that nothing else only ranting but that barley made any difference to that little soul who was all lost completely lost.

P.O.C.: Speak up bhai speak up damn it.
Boy: Please doll.

The person who called that aimlessly walking boy isn't anyone accept Sukanya and the boy is Atharv, when they were eleven and few months after their first trip to Columbia.

Suk: Bhai by your walking on roads you won't find uncle, please go back I beg you please bhai.

Atharv: How can I go back doll? You know right it has been three days no trace of papa, neither he is in office nor anywhere else, he isn't picking up phone nor is he calling me no reply to my countless messages.( trailing at his words and crying he continues) Doll  you know I am so much scared, papa is nowhere. Doll I have no one accept him I can't live without him. Please ask him to come back please doll please I beg you ask him to come back I promise I won't ask him to return early from work he can work as long as he wishes too. I won't stop him please ask him to come back to me please doll.