39

EBF 39

"We shouldn't have had that much ice cream yesterday." Sukanya says coughing in a very low tone to which Kastuki just nods her head in agreement as she can barely speak thanks to all the brain freezes, she enjoyed last night.

Kastuki signs to Sukanya, "Can I go and freshen up first?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

After being with Kastuki last night and having her talk about the dilemma in her life it somehow helped Sukanya think about her problems and she finally figured out what she wants her life to be like. But Kastuki said something really practical last night that stuck with her specifically, mostly because she is not someone to listen to her brain over her heart.

Kastuki had said, "You know what I am going to say might sound odd and it isn't my place to say it and if you think I am crossing a line you should, totally... shut me down. But hear me out before that. Look you have been through a lot right now and all of it has been awful so many things in your life have changed. And this is just my own opinion but don't you think running into a relationship is a hasty choice? I think you need time to process everything and find out where you stand as an individual and you need time for all of that. It's like discovering yourself all over again."

"Are you suggesting I should break up?"

"No... God no. What you and Manik have is something special and just because it's the right person at the wrong time, things don't really have to go south. Him going away could actually be a really good thing for you."

"And how is that possible."

"Look when two people are together, there are a lot of obligations in a relationship. I have never been in a relationship and I might not be the best person to give this advice but I have seen a lot of people in a relationship and they sometimes end up forgetting that they have their own lives as well and they can be happy about it too. I mean it's more like distance can make a heart grow fonder kinda thing."

"To sum it up, you are saying that with Manik not being here the weight on the relationship status gets lifted a little and we will still be friends and still be in a relationship just not over each other's head all the time."

"Yeah... something along those lines."

"Hmm... this might not actually be that bad."

Sukanya found herself knocking on Manik's door and thankfully he was the only one inside.

"I am sorry for last night. I was too rude."

"No, you were right. I am scared to leave you on your own. It's driving me crazy."

"Good. It should. I should be the one to drive you crazy." Manik passes a sad smile to her flirting. "Look... all this is going too fast Manik and we should slow down. We are behaving as if our lives are falling apart."

"Feels like that to me."

"They are not, believe me." She says remembering last night, "Last night when Kastuki was feeling so distraught, her life was definitely falling apart and that wasn't because she was getting married, it was because her family wasn't supporting her. My life was falling apart a few weeks ago and that was terrible. This is not that. Because we have each other, our families. It doesn't seem anything is going to fall apart anymore at least as long as we have each other." She takes both his hands in her. "You should go. You should definitely go. It was always your dream and I will be devastated to know that I am the person who stops you from achieving it. Although, I like nothing more than having you by my side I really want you to go."