24.

24.

The sky was getting darker but the moon soulfully lit the night as if heaven was descending down the stairs to meet earth for a single night

The sky was getting darker but the moon soulfully lit the night as if heaven was descending down the stairs to meet earth for a single night. The moon and stars glimmered in it's welcome as the night shone for the first time in the dim moon light. The birds flutter their wings in anticipation while the trees whistled as if murmuring the darker secrets of night to each other and rumors of deep truths of heavens, hidden so well beneath the facades. Like every human sees the night differently filled with curiosity. Tonight Shivaay was looked at with the same curiosity, his heart filled with complaints and questions, his mind riddled and an uneasiness in his soul that constantly nagged him all coming to a sudden halt as a small part of his heart gets tangled with the night. 

While to Shivaay night brought a different delight, Anika found hers in him. She looked at his face as her entire life with him played in front of her eyes in some slow flashbacks. She looked at his face, that purity and childish joy which still existed but came to surface on very few occasions just like today. She felt his face glow in the moon lit night as if the moon was shining on him just for him to shine back. There is a certain smoothness in his face that enchants her into an unbreakable admiration of his charm. As if she can't look away from his face and the entire world has stopped existing for a while. The longer she looked at him, her heart swells up more with love. As if there is no end to that love and her entire body feels lighter feeling it. Her eyes didn't disturb him as love can never disrupt anything. 

Her fingers moved voluntarily and creased his cheeks, making him look at her. Her beautiful brown orbs looked at his blue oceanic ones with love enough to swell the entire world. She feels his cheeks with the back of her fingers totally mesmerised by him. 

"I know I am handsome, you don't have to keep looking at me like that." Shivaay says unable to bear her eyes on him as he looks away with nothing but love radiating in his soul. 

Anika chuckles and moves forward towards him as she places her lips on his cheeks kissing them lightly like she was kissing a delicate flower. "You look heavenly, Shivaay." 

Being taken aback by the sudden act of Anika and her words, Shivaay looks at her surprised. She entangled her hands with his understanding of his unsaid words. 

"What's up with you?" Shivaay asks as Anika escorts closer to him and places her head on his shoulder.

"Nothing. Maybe it's just a beautiful night." Her feet  move in a pool of water in the infinite calmness. 

"It is." Shivaay says cherishing the moment with his wife by his side. It's been a long time since they have spent some good quality time together with each other. Today sitting with each other in the middle of the night, they were holding each other, admiring each other and most importantly being there for each other. There is a different kind of solace in the arms of your loved ones.