Chapter 1

Brantley PoV

I just got off tour yesterday and I plan on enjoying my time at home. Kolby and I had been fishing all day with the guys and we had caught a ton of fish for a fish fry tomorrow night with a big bonfire after dark. There is nothing I like more than spending time with my family and friends when I am not touring. I just got out of the shower when I hear my phone ring, as I walk to it I wonder who is calling this time of night cause 1am isn't a normal social call.

"Hey darlin"

"Can I come over I am bored and all alone again"

"Timber Jade you know you are always welcome at my house but I got to ask how are you getting here?"

"Well duh, I'm walking our trail so turn my lights on"

I go to the backdoor and flip the lights to the back and the trail lights from my house to Timber Jades house. I go back upstairs and pull on some jeans. I hear a knock at the door and I go open it. Timber Jade is standing in my doorway in cutoff daisies and a tank top and I can tell she doesn't have on a bra. I look at her face and I see that she is upset.
I stand back and she enters grabbing my cigarette out of my hand and she starts,"BG he is controlling me and trying to hold me back. He won't let me use my degree and get a job cause he says I need to stay home and clean house and have his supper on the stove when he gets home all for him to eat, take a shower and walk out the damn door to go hang out at the bar with the boys. Do you know the last time he stayed home with me or took me out, well I will tell you it has been 3 damn months the last night we spent together was when you were home last and had the last bonfire. Do you know how it feels to spend your birthday alone while the person who says they love you goes and gets drunk with the boys at the bar? You want to know what I did, huh, I smoked my joint and drank myself to a hangover"

When she said that she looked at me with tears in her eyes. I pulled her into my arms and she cried for so long and I just wanted to take her up to bed and make it all right. I could tell she had been drinking and smoking before she came over so when she fell asleep in my arms, I took her upstairs and laid her in my bed and covered her up.
I rub my hands over my face cause I know that I need to call Coulter and inform him that Timber Jade is here at the house. What I want to do is beat his ass, he has an amazing woman and he's to stupid to realize that she is at her breaking point. I just hope he is somewhat sober.

"Hey Coulter its BG and I was calling to let you know you got a situation and you need to come take careof it. You need to get home and take care of Jade"

"Man you know if she's at your place then she's pissed off at me and it means she's been drinking and smoking so its best to let her sleep it off"

"Listen up bro, you need to start spending time with her or you gonna lose her. Mark my words Coulter"

"Think you know her better?"

"Man I am just giving you a warning that if you don't start showing her a good time and letting her know that you love her and need her then some other man is gonna"

"You just mind your own fucking business and remember Bro Code"

"If it were any one else Bro Code would have been out the window but seeing she's on my doorstep and in my bed I think you made it my fucking business "

It's 5am and Coulter never showed so I am going to bed. I shut everything off and head upstairs. I see Timber Jade in my bed with her light brown hair with golden highlights fanned out on my pillow. I shake my head at that sight and strip down to my boxers and crawl into bed pulling Jade close to me.