At the end of the day

Timber Jade POV

As we say goodnight to the band, Ben pulls me aside and said,"Jade I just want you to know about what came out earlier, I don't want that to change cause you are my little sister now and I was hoping you would never find out. Back then I was a different person, hell we were all different. "

"Jolly Green Giant you have always been my friend looked out for me and been my brother. I understand, I know how it was back then, doesn't change where we are today or how we got here. So no worries we are good. " I tell him and he kisses the top of my head slinging his arm around my neck.

As we walk back to the bus, he hugs me and I get on mine and B's bus and I turn on the sound system before sitting in the big recliner waiting on B. As the music plays in the background I start thinking back on all the memories that were brought up tonight. Brantley and I have a lot of memories some good some not so good but I wouldn't change any of it cause it brought us to the place we are today and that is together in love.

My mind wanders to the email I received from my parents. Its the first time I have heard from them in 5years since I got an email telling me they wouldn't be at my college graduation. It finally made their radar that I had been attacked and Brantley killed the man. They told me that I was such an embarrassment and disgrace to them that any young woman that acted like me was just asking for whatever I claimed happened. Not even acknowledging that I was beaten and raped just that I got what I deserved. What parent tells their daughter that? I can't deal with it so I go to the cabinet and pour a shot of Jack and throw it back just as B walks on the bus. I pour another drink and throw it back and B walks to me and said,"Baby what is wrong?"

"I can give you one word Parents"

"How and when"

"Tonight and through an email"

"Show me the damn email"

I get my laptop and pull up the email and let him read it. I turn around as he is reading. All the things they said make me question if that is what everyone else thinks, was what happened to me what I deserved? Did I ruin Brantley's career am I holding him back by our association? Do people think that we were together and planned this ...a murder, like my parents said?

I feel his strong arms wrap around me as all these thoughts go through my head. I lean my head back against his chest and close my eyes letting the tears slide down my face. The song playing now , well it is B's Whenever We're Alone and he starts singing it in my ear as we stand swaying to the music.

She comes home late at night
Kicks her high-heels off and sighs
Lays down on the bed

She said it's been a long day at work
I couldn't wait til I got home
Just to be with you again

Lord I love just to watch her sleeping
Yeah I just pull the covers up and wonder what she's dreaming

When she's wrapped up with her t-shirt on
Got the lights turned way down low
Radio's got her favorite song on
And man she's singing right along
Let your hair down
Baby let it fall
Rip the phone cord out the wall
Whisper love you while drifting off again
Whenever we're alone yeah

Took her out last Friday night
Let her dance under neon lights
And that girl she's turning heads
Stranger's eyes right on my girl
I can't blame him man she's beautiful
She's coming home with me

Lord her beauty it's hard to hide
Counting my blessings every night mmmm

When she's wrapped up with her t-shirt on
Got the lights turned way down low
Radio's got her favorite song
And man she's singing right along
Let your hair down
Baby let it fall
Rip the phone cord out the wall
Whisper love you while drifting off again
Whenever we're alone

When she's wrapped up with her t-shirt on
Got the lights turned way down low
Radio's got her favorite song
And man she's singing right along
Let your hair down
Baby let it fall
Rip the phone cord out the wall
Whisper love you while you're drifting off
Whenever we're alone

He can always make me feel better after I have dealt with my parents. When his song goes off he puts the Jack up and leads me to his chair where he sits down and pulls me into his lap.

"First of all you did not deserve any of the shit that happened to you. Second , you have not ruined my career nor are you holding me back . Third no one thinks that any of this was planned by either of us. Now look are me princess and hear what I am saying, you are smart and beautiful and have your own successful consulting business that you have made millions at. If they can't see any of that then fuck them, you don't need them. You have a big family that loves you and we are all so proud of you. I love you Darlin, I can admit it now that I have loved you since you stumbled into my life and I will love you until the day I die."

"I love you Brantley Keith, and how did you read my mind and know just what to say to make me feel better after of dealing with those 2 people I call parents?"

"Princess I have been knowing you for 7 years now, we have told each other our deepest darkest secrets and shared our thoughts no matter how crazy they were. So I can most of the time know what you are thinking and know how to answer them, just like you do me. And I hope that you know that I am always on your side, because darlin, there is no place in this life that I had rather be at the end of the day, no matter how good or bad it is than right here in your arms."

"I love you B, and I feel the same way cause no matter what has happened I find safety, comfort and love in your arms. I always have and I have no doubts I always will."