You Are Worth It

Brantley POV

  I just got through pulling up the last of the fish, fries and hush puppies when I heard his voice. I must have made a noise cause Kolby grabbed my arm and said," Bro what's up? You have been on edge all evening and that's not like you when you are here at home. And where is Jade she never misses a bonfire/cookout?"
  "I just heard Coulter so I guess Jade is with him but I'm surprised he showed up after this morning I figured he would still be pissed off at me when Jade stayed here and didn't leave with him."
  "Hell B, tell me that nothing happened cause she has it rough enough with you not here all the time."
   "What do you mean Kolby?"
" Coulter had made no bones about the fact he can't stand you and Jade being friends and when you aren't here she has it rough. When you are here she is like Jade used to be but with you on the road so much I think he is mean to her and treats her bad"
  " well brother I know he does if this morning was anything to go by but she stood up to him but I promise you this Kolby if he ever lays a hand on her I'm gonna stomp his ass"
" I will help you if he does that bro"

   It's way past dark and I realize I haven't turned Jade's lights on so I go do that and make my way around talking to my friends when I hear Coulter say," yeah I showed that slut who was boss I don't know who she thinks she is telling me she wanted me out of her house. Next time she will think twice about spreading her legs for some other man"
  I head toward him but out of the corner of my eye I notice someone in the trail and I turn and it's Jade. I run over to her and she hugs me and I look at her and her face is bruised and swollen. She has blood dried on her face and I ask her," Jade baby who did this?"
Jade looks me in the eye and said," Coulter after I told him I was done and for him to get out of my house" and the tears start falling from her eyes. Kolby comes over with Ashley and I told Ashley," take her to my room and get her comfortable I have something to take care of"
Jade clutches my arm and says," he ain't worth going to jail over B"
  "No baby he ain't but you sure as hell are now go on and let Ashley help you and I will be up in a little bit"
   I take off looking for Coulter and I know Kolby is right behind me. I finally see him and he gives me that stupid shit eating grin of his and I haul back and pop him in the mouth with my fist. He staggers back and says"are you crazy"
" no but I'm about to stomp your ass for daring to lay a hand on Timber Jade"
  "Bitch got what she deserved for spreading her legs for you"
  " that ain't never happened between us but if I had a woman like her I sure as hell wouldn't beat her or take her for granted"
And with those words I hit him again and again . He starts throwing punches but has been drinking so much that he isn't stable on his feet and I notice that they have formed a ring around us. I continue hitting him in the face and with body shots and I hear his rib crack on the last hit and he falls to the ground. I look at his buddies and tell them to get him off my property and not to come back. I lean down and tell him, "you have until tomorrow evening to get your shit out of her house like she told you or else you will deal with me. "
   "You will regret this Gilbert "
"No I will never regret stomping your shitty ass for daring to lay a hand on her"
  They take him and leave and I go upstairs and check on Jade. Ashley said,"she needs to press charges Brantley he beat her bad. I'm thinking bruised if not broken ribs and a broken nose and a cut on her head. I'm not sure he didn't rape her either. I gave her a pain pill so she could rest."
I hug Ashley and thank her before walking into my bedroom. Jade is laying in my bed with my tshirt on and her hair splayed on my pillow.
  I go to the bathroom and take a shower getting the blood off me before I pull on some boxers and crawl into bed behind Jade. She scoots close to me and said," please don't let me go" I kiss her hair and tell her to sleep that tomorrow we would deal with it. Tonight I just wanted her to rest.