Fix it

Timber Jade POV

I can't sleep to many damn memories come back as soon as I close my eyes. It is almost morning so I get up and fix some coffee and I head to my back porch swing. I missed being home this last year but most of all I missed my best friend.
Jay told me I was wrong for not explaining to Brantley what had happened, that yeah he might have been mad at first glance but that he would have understood. Told me I was running away and hiding and that he was ashamed because I wasn't a runner. Then Ashleigh told me yesterday that it wasn't just rough on me and it made me wonder what she meant. My eyes go to the trail and I see it has grown up some not totally but you can tell it hasn't been used in a while. I look at my phone and see that if I am gonna make it to church then I need to get ready. It's time to put my armor on cause I know I'm gonna need it all day today dealing with Brantley.
  I walk into church and see that Eli, Ash and the kids are already there and I start to make my way to them and Mama Becky pulls me into a hug and said," Lunch at my house after church and I'm not taking no , so you better be there cause I will tan your hide if you don't show up ."
  I nod my head cause I know that she means every word she says. We are all scared of her cause she don't play around when she makes a statement like that .

     I make my way and sit by Cam and Tinsley climbs in my lap and I kiss her on top of the head. She looks up and said,"you lefts me yesterday is it cause Uncle B hurts  your feelings by forgetsing he calls you Jade not TJ?"
"No baby girl I left cause I had some things to do since I just got home. "
"Okay cause if it was that I was gonna tells him to say sorry, you know like Mama makes me say sometimes."
I look over her head at Ashleigh and she is holding back a laugh and Cam is rolling his eyes and I smile cause this feels good. Being home feels good, and it is then that I realize that I have to sort this out with Brantley because all the people who love us both shouldn't have to take sides. They should be able to love us both and spend time with us both without walking  on eggshells.

I look across the church and see that Brantley and Kolby have walked in and took their seat by Mama Becky. He looks up and meets my eyes and gives me a nod and a half smile. Well I take that as a good sign, better than yesterday. I nod and smile back. Eli catches my eye and grins, I just shake my head.
   After church, we all split up and plan on meeting at Eli's after lunch at Mama Becky's house. I head home to load up my RZR and then straight to Mama Becky's.
    Walking in Mama Becky's house , I am not sure what I feel. It's hard to walk back in this house after all this time. Mama Becky comes out of the kitchen and said," come on in here and let's talk"
   I follow behind her and take a seat at the bar as she is finishing cooking.
  "Let's just get down to business Timber Jade, it's time for you and my stubborn son to work this out. You have hurt my grand babies long enough. Cam and Tinsley need both of you not one of you. It's time to woman up and talk to him. I know he was an idiot but from what I was told you just walked away without a fight. I expected more out of you. You put up with all the crap he went through and fought for him to get out of the bottle and then after he puts his heart out there for the entire world to see you give up and walk away for a year. What was he supposed to think? You didn't contradict him, you let him believe that you were just like all the rest. I'm gonna tell you like I told him, fix it. Cause so help me God if you two don't fix your shit, I'm gonna tan your hide and I have enough people to help me. Now set the table for 8 everyone should start arriving any time."

"Mama I don't know if it can be fixed. He hates me and I have stayed away for a year cause this is his home. He needs y'all"

"Timber Jade! You are full of shit girl if you think he hates you. Cause he has been pining over you this whole time, now fix it" and with those words she dismisses me. I set the table and look up as I here footsteps and there in the doorway is the man who still takes my breath even after a year.