Doing My Job

Brantley POV

     Jade is right I have been treating her different than I would Jeff but that DJ has always pushed my buttons the wrong way. Always some comment about whoever I was dating or a comment about my female fans and it just pissed me off. It was all I could do today not to hit him when he said he wouldn't mind being chained to Jade. I still want to hit something. I'm glad that we have different things to do right now but I can't help but smile when she yells my name and then tells me she loves me. I tell her I love her back.

  I get to sound check and everything seems to be in place and as we walk through some of the different songs. Everything is good when one of the roadies comes up and tells me that Jade is in a shooting match with someone in the catering area.  I head that way and I hear her way before I get there. Whoever it is is getting an earful and then I hear "I don't know who the hell you think you are bitch to think you can come in here and tell me what to do but I don't answer to some bitch I will only talk to Jeff"

"Well that's just too damn bad for you buddy Jeff isn't here and you will take orders from me because I am in charge of this tour and if you don't do exactly what I say we will walk and sue you for breach of contract and you can explain that to all those people you will have to refund money to that bought tickets. If you had done your job and read your email you would know that i was in charge. I can't help that you don't know who TJ Consulting is and that TJ stands for Timber Jade. Now you will look at that contract and get back to me in 30 minutes cause if you don't we pack up and leave. I will be on BG'S bus so you can find me there, I will be waiting ."
   I watch as she walks off and I follow her but the guy stops me and said," I don't know who the hell she is but you need to get her under control thinking she can come in here and tell me what to do"
  "Buddy I don't know who the hell you are but I will tell you she is the boss and I suggest you do exactly what that little lady said cause if she says we walk, well we will. She is the tour manager and what she says goes. Want to tell me what y'all were arguing about?"
  "Yeah I told her that you were supposed to meet some of our sponsors and have drinks with them before the concert. She told me that wasn't going to happen and that it was in the contract that you wouldn't be drinking and I told her to fix it cause it had to happen. That is when she threatened to walk."
  "Well buddy she's right, I'm a recovering addict and I don't drink so that ain't gonna happen and it's in my contract. So you need to go read it again and fix it but I will tell you that you better be on my bus before that 30 minutes is up or we will be pulling out."
  " Oh I get it bitch  has you by the balls, you must be pussy whipped, never thought I would see that out of you, man. I see why you are tapping that though wouldn't mind getting a piece of that ass myself and put her in her place."

  When he said that I saw red and before I could calm down I had hit him and was on top of him. I feel arms pulling me away and I come to myself when I hear Jesse and Ben telling me to calm down. They have me holding me back and Jade comes running up. She tells Ben and Jesse ," get him to the damn bus now"

She looks at the guy and said," get your boss down here for a meeting in 30 minutes and not a minute later"

  I am on the bus pacing back and forth and Jade comes flying on ," What the hell were you thinking BG? Do you realize that is probably going to be a lawsuit? You can't go pounding on people, so what caused that outburst cause that isn't like you"

"Don't come on my bus yelling at me Jade I beat his ass cause he deserved every bit of it. He called you a bitch and then had the nerve to tell me I was pussy whipped and that he wouldn't mind tapping your ass and teach you a lesson."

  "Brantley Keith Gilbert you can't pull that kind of shit, so what if he called me a bitch. It ain't the first time and it won't be the last time someone calls me that. That was my job you just undermined with your alpha caveman stunt. If I am going to be taken seriously in this business you have to take me serious and let me do my damn job and not run behind me. Cause I can bet you don't do that shit with Jeff, now do you?"

"Well no cause they don't call Jeff a bitch and tell me that they want to tap his ass. What would you have me do Jade walk off and let him get away with talking about my woman like that? That ain't me and I can't say I will ever be okay with that. You are mine and ain't no man gonna get away with saying that to me about you"

" I may be yours after work hours but during work I am Timber Jade the tour manager and you need to remember that, better yet let me do the job I am getting paid for instead of trying to go behind me and undermine me Brantley"

As we are yelling at each other, a knock on the door comes. I go to answer it and it is a man in a suit. He says he was told to meet TJ on the bus . I step aside and let him in. Jade has stepped forward and shook his hand and explained what the problem was and he said it wouldn't be a problem at all and that he would take care of it and he apologized for the man and his lack of professionalism and assured Jade that it was finished that there wouldn't be any lawsuit. She smiled and thanked him and showed him off the bus. She turned after he was off and said," I'm going to do my job, I will come get you when it's time to go to the VIP session, so be ready."
  And with that she was gone and I can tell that she was still mad and I'm in the damn doghouse again.