Vows

Timber Jade POV

   Tonight was the last show of this tour, Scott and Jeff were both supposed to be there, so I don't have to be the tour manager and I get to just be the girlfriend . These last few weeks have been great, which kind of worries me. I keep waiting for the shoe to drop, so to speak. It always seems to happen that way for me, when my life is going good then something bad usually happens. Brantley has the whole family flying out to watch the last show and he's so excited.
   As soon as he wraps up the show, him and Kolby will be flying to Iowa for a hunting trip to meet Micheal Lee there for Backwoods Life TV. I'm gonna head home and sit on the porch swing and read while watching the deer play in the field behind my house. I'm tired and other than the month off I have been on the road for a year and a half. I am ready to sleep in a bed that isn't rolling down the highway and wake up in the same city I went to sleep in.
  We got the rings we ordered but we haven't done anything with them yet. It's something that freaks both of us out. I keep thinking about what Frank asked me when he said if you love him and he loves you why aren't you married. I don't really have an answer for that. No one but Brantley knows what all had happened to make me feel like I do. He gets why I have this fear of marriage, it's not commitment that I have a problem with, it's marriage. How can putting a ring on a finger and saying some words change people into something out of a horror movie? I don't know what to do, I want to make B happy and I know he wants marriage and I do but I am terrified. I look at the time and realize I have to get up and get ready. We are all meeting and having a meal together before the show after his VIP session.

     I put on my sleeveless black lace dress and touch up my hair and makeup and add my turquoise jewelry and my favorite black boots. I grab my denim jacket cause it will be cold before the night is over. I want tonight to go really well for B and end on a high note. 

    Brantley comes into the bus and he stops and looks at me and his gaze turns heated and I squirm. He walks to me and pulls me into his arms and said," Princess you take my breath away every time I look at you " and then he kby takes my face in his hands and slowly lowers his lips to mine and kisses me invading my mouth and making my knees weak. He pulls back and said, " I will finish this later baby"
   He moves past me to change into his sleeveless shirt and a grey plaid long sleeve. Then he looks at me and said," you ready to go cause the masses known as our family has descended on us and Cam and Tinsley have already been asking where is Aunt T "
   We make our way to catering and he was right there is a mass of people here tonight. Blood family and friends that we call family. Mama Becky spots us first and she comes over and hugs me. Then Cam and Tinsley come running and hug me. Tinsley looks at me and said," I missed you Aunt T but mama says you are coming home wif us after Uncle Bs show, so we can have tea parties then"

"Yes Tinsley we will definitely have tea parties while I am home. "

Cam said,"you and me can go riding on the 4wheeler to right"
" yes Cam we can cause other than a couple of short trips to Nashville for work I and home until after the first of the year."

  Brantley just smiles and told them ," we are both off until after the first of the year so we will be home to play with you guys and hunt and spend all the holidays together."

   "Thank God you both got your heads out of your asses cause last year sucked" Eli said. Tinsley looked at him and said, "swear jar daddy "

We laughed cause most of the money in the jar was from Eli and Brantley. Ashleigh said that was what they would vacation on and it was gonna be a good one.
We all sit down and eat and Brantley gets up after we are all done and said," y'all know that last year and a half was rough for me and Jade" Tinsley said in a loud whisper "he called her Jade mama, he membered soooo me making his say sorry worked he memebered hers Jade not TJ"  everyone laughed and B got a look on his face with that smile and he took my breath away.
"Like I was saying this has been a rough time for us both. We both made mistakes and hurt each other. However we finally came to our senses and these past 6 months have been the very best of my life. I have been able to travel and work with one of the most amazing women I have ever met. She never fails to call me out on my shit and yet she is my biggest supporter and my best friend. Jade stood by me through the darkest time in my life and still stands and supports me today. Princess can you come up here please? "

I look at B and my stomach drops I know he isn't going to do this tonight in front of our family. I don't want to destroy him but I can't marry him oh god please don't let him do this.

"Princess please come up here"
As I walk toward him I am begging him with my eyes not to do this and I get to him he takes my hand and I look at him and whisper "don't B"
He smiles and says," I know what you are thinking Timber Jade and no this is not a proposal " and I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Why the hell not it sounds like a good one to me?" Eli said.

"No this is something that Jade and I have talked about at length and we have bought each other something to show the world that we belong to each other. Tonight I wanted to do this in front of our family that way they know the bond and love that we share and can be witness to it. So Timber Jade Williams I want to give you this ring to show the world that you are loved beyond measure and you are priceless to me. It is a symbol of our love and the fact that you are my light in a dark world."
And he slides the ring on my finger. "

I take the ring he hands me and I say," Brantley Keith Gilbert I love you and you have been my knight in black leather, my friend, you are my family and with you I am home. I give you this ring as a symbol to the world that you belong to me Timber Jade and that in my heart you are home. "

He bends down and kisses me and everyone is speechless , until Ben said," Did y'all just get married?"

We laugh and say no we didn't. "This is something that we have discussed and we're both tired of hearing I don't see a ring so you must be single. This is just a sign to the world that we are committed to each other." Brantley tells them.
Tinsley said," well that's good cause I thought weddings you wore a white dress and Aunt T has done it all wrong cause she's gots on black."
Mama said," if y'all can say those vows I don't know why you can't get married"