Promise Me

Brantley POV

I watch as Jade gets in the truck and she is mad, I can tell but I'm not sure why. I move to turn the radio on and she says," Brantley I know that you have money but I want you to know that I do too. I am not your friend for you to buy me things. I am your friend cause we get along and have fun and like a lot of the same things."
"Jade I am the reason you can't go back to your house for another week. So please humor me and let me do this one thing for you. I know the last year I haven't been around as much because of the tours so I have missed a lot of things let me buying your clothes today make up for that please?"

" Brantley you have been there for me in the last year than Coulter was. You have nothing to make up for, he is the reason I can't go to my house for another week not you."

"Princess I have to ask because of something Kolby said to me, was this the first time he hit you or has it been going on for a while?"

" Why would you think I would put up with that shit for? I mean you know me Brantley"

" Well I thought I knew you and that you wouldn't put up with that but momma always said you never know what goes on behind closed doors so you shouldn't make judgements and Kolby told me that you have it rough when I'm not around , so I just had to ask you princess"

"B I promise you this was the only time he hit me but Kolby was right, Coulter was mean in other ways. I see now that he was verbally abusive and emotionally abusive, but let's not talk about this anymore, cause he's gone and I just want to put this behind me and move on with my life. So don't think for one minute that this is your fault, okay."

"Jade I am gonna say this right now, if you ever need me I'm there. I mean it and you need to understand that I am only a phone call away princess. Promise me that if you need me you will call no matter what time of day or night it is"

"I promise B, if you will make me that same promise. I know that things have been rough this past year and you have been working allot to drown the memories but know that I'm here if you ever need me or want to talk about it"

"I promise Jade, now let's get inside and get our bags packed and fix something to eat so we can have a night of movies and popcorn before we go to Nashville in the morning. "

"You got it B" she says as she looks over at me with a smile.

When we get inside I grab 2 suitcases and Jade puts them on the bed and starts packing her clothes and I start getting my stuff out as best I can. I have trouble when it gets to the stuff in my closet so Jade comes in and pulls my clothes that I want and folds them and puts them in my suitcase. I sit down on the bed and watch and I feel so damn helpless. Jade comes over and sits down and tells me,"it will get better I promise remember when you had to help me for a couple weeks when I messed my ankle up in that 4wheeler wreck, this is no different. Now let's head downstairs and I will fix us some sandwiches and chips while you pick out a movie for us to watch."
  I watch as she heads downstairs and man she has an ass that doesn't quit, wait what the hell?
I get up and go to the movie cabinet and look until I find the one I want and I go ahead and put it in the DVD player knowing that Jade is going to smile cause it's one of her favorite movies. She brings our food and as I hit play I watch her face as it lights up when she sees I put in the first Harry Potter movie. We eat and as soon as we have done that she pauses the movie to fix our popcorn and helps me get comfortable on the couch with pillows propping me up and she lays down with her head resting on my chest as we start the movie back up. The last thing I remember is Looking down at Jade and her smiling, I must have been more tired than I thought. I guess getting shot takes a lot out of you and I let my eyes close.