You and Me

Timber Jade POV

It has been a week since Brantley and I talked at the studio. I went to Jason's to stay with him and Britt. I just couldn't face Brantley and have him looking at me with pity eyes. He has tried texting and calling and he even came to the house but I refused to see him. He thinks I blame him I don't I blame myself. I should have ended the relationship a lot sooner. There are a lot of things I wish I had done different. We never had our dinner and dancing, I just couldn't see him with the hurt so fresh and raw. I miss him . I cry myself to sleep every night. Jay tells me that Brantley isn't doing any better that he has become a workaholic and that the new record will be out in January. I have been working and I am down to 2 pain pills a day to be able to go and function. The bruising is gone so at least on the outside I am back to being me. The inside is another story, I can't be me without Brantley .

Caroline and Britt come barging in and they are telling me to get ready that we are going out tonight and gonna meet Haley and BCole. That I didn't have a choice they were tired of me moping around. It was time to tale back my life and quoted wallowing in self pity. I give in cause its really not worth fighting about. I take a shower and they have laid out my blue dress the one Brantley bought me. I remember that day when I came out in it how his eyes roamed over my body and he told me I took his breath away. I had planned on wearing it the night we were gonna do dinner and dancing before everything with to shit. I do my hair and makeup before slipping the dress on and putting on my shoes. They come in and we head into Nashville for a girls night.

It turns out to be a great idea I love to dance but I miss my best friend. He was always my dancing partner in everything .

 He was always my dancing partner in everything

BGPOV

I knew from talking to Jason that I had to do something drastic, I got the girls to help me after convincing them that I loved Jade and they I indeed had pulled my head out of my ass when it came to how I felt. Now the hardest part is to convince her of it.

My life has been pure hell this past week without her by my side and if all goes as planned tonight will be the night that I tell her exactly how I feel. The media still is running our pictures every day but I don't give a damn what they say about me as long as they leave her alone.

I am so nervous , the girls are supposed to get her to FGL House for GNO and then that is where I come in. Jason just came back and said that they were here and wished me luck. I go out as soon as THubb announces that they have a surprise for everyone a special song. I make my way to the stage with my guitar and I sit down on the stool and adjust the microphone. I search for Jade and my breath stops when I see her in that blue dress. I want to fall on my knees right now.

"Hey y'all I have a song I want to sing for a very special lady in my life. She means the world to me and even though this song was written a while back and others sing it, it says everything I want to say to her.

Those tears in your eyes
Got me seein' red
I hate the way they get to you
With all the lies they spread
Ain't that small town talk
Like the devil on your shoulder
It gets old girl
It gets so old girl

Just let 'em talk, let 'em talk baby
'Cause girl I don't give a damn what they say
You're the one, the reason God made me
I'm gonna love you anyway
And when it hurts
Just know we're gonna make it work
I got your back
You got my heart, girl
No matter what, you've gotta remember
It's you and me against the world

They're gonna throw sticks and stones
Try to tear us right in two
'Cause baby, we got what they want
And what we got's the truth
So let 'em do what they're gonna do
Yeah baby, we can take it
We're gonna make it
Yeah we're gonna make it
Girl

Just let 'em talk, let 'em talk baby
'Cause girl I don't give a damn what they say
You're the one, the reason God made me
I'm gonna love you anyway
'Cause when it hurts
Just know we're gonna make it work
I got your back
You got my heart, girl
No matter what, you've gotta remember
It's you and me against the world

Let 'em talk, let 'em talk baby
'Cause girl I don't give a damn what they say
You're the one, the reason God made me
I'm gonna love you anyway
'Cause when it hurts
Just know we're gonna make it work
I got your back
You got my heart, girl
No matter what, you've got to remember
It's you and me against the world

And I don't give a damn what they say

As I finish the song I walk off the stage straight to Jade and I get down on my knees beside her chair and I pull her hands in mine and she wipes away a tear that I didn't know was there and she smiles at me.
"Jade this week has been hell on me not having you in my life. I love you and I have been so stubborn and hard headed telling myself and anyone who would listen that we were just friends, but I don't want to be just friends. I want you cause like that song says you have my heart baby and as long as I have you I can get through anything."

She looks at me and says," I love you Brantley Keith and I don't want to do this life without you. I will be damned if I let someone tear us apart. You are the reason I am here today and it's because of you I can live every day. Just like you told me a week ago, if you want me you got me. "

With those words I pulled her  face to me with both hands and I kissed her with all the love and passion I could until I heard her moan. That pulled me back making me realize we were in a public place . Jade smiled and placed her head in my chest hiding. It made me laugh cause now everything was righted in my world.