Doing My Job Part 2

Timber Jade POV

  As I head to meet the fire Marshall to make sure that we have all the permits in order and that we obey the fire codes I feel my phone vibrate.

I know you are mad at me Jade but please look at it from my point of view. I love you and it kills me to hear someone talking shit about you.

Then don't come running to see what is going on unless I send someone for you . You trust Jeff to handle things so trust me to do this job and look out for you. I love you and I will see you when I pick you up for VIP.

   After getting things squared away with the fire marshall, its time for me to walk to the bus, pick up Brantley and head to the VIP and then on to the concert.
  As I am walking, Jesse meets up with me and he wants to ask me what I think about doing the song first so he can leave to prepare for the show. He likes to go over everything and the way those sometimes go he feels rushed.  I like the idea and now we just need to get Brantley on board.
  I punch the code in to open the doors and walk on the bus calling Brantley's name. I walk to the back and see he is asleep. Great, I think all I need to deal with right now is a grumpy Brantley cause he hates waking up and very rarely wakes up in a good mood.
   I shake him and he mumbles," Go away"
I tell him," you got to get up its time for the VIP session"
He swats my hand and says," go away"
    So I do what Mama taught me, I grab his hear and twist and pull and up he comes cussing a blue streak as he has no choice but to follow me off the bus.
"Dammit Jade let me go. Why in the hell can't you wake me up like a normal person. I said let me go Dammit"

"I did that cause I tried waking you up easy and you wouldn't and you have to get to VIP. Now get on the cart and lets go."

He gave me the death glare and got up front with his arms crossed. Jesse and PJ are laughing so hard and he looks at them and says," are we going or yall gonna stand here with your thumb up your ass?"
  That just makes them laugh even harder. I tell Brantley that we are gonna do the song first to give Jesse extra time to make sure everything is ready to go. He just nods his head and never turns around.
  He grumbles ,"damn bossy woman I ought to turn you over my knee and wear your ass out."

  " I would like to see you try that BG and see where that gets you cause I tell you right now that couch is gonna be awful lonely ."

   He gets off and Jesse follows him and hands BG his guitar. As they get comfortable on stage Brantley tells them that he is gonna do one song cause the contract says he has to so he does Grown Ass Man . Jesse takes his leave and Brantley starts answering questions. 

What is your favorite song you have written?

Well they are all chapters in my life and I have written every song or helped write so I can't really say that i have a favorite.

What is one thing that gets under your skin really fast?

People disrespecting women but more importantly people who think its okay to disrespect my woman. You know they say things and expect her to take it or me to take it and I still get mad about things like that

Most all have seen the dancing video on YouTube from the FGL House and well what prompted yall to do that cause it seems out of character for most of the ones who did it?

(Laughing)  well that was an impromptu thing that happened and well basically it was a bet and I very rarely back down from a bet especially one I know I can win.

How long have you known your girlfriend?

7 years now

How did yall meet?

Well I was working at my house outside clearing brush and I hear a noise come from my right and I pull my limber as I am turning and at the end of the gun there she stood. She was my neighbor and had followed a trail. We became friends and then a little over a year a go we decided to see if there was anything there.

Any truth to the rumor that your song Bro Code is about her and the man you shot and killed.

I will say that Bro Code is about her along with several other of my songs but I will not comment on the other.

What is her favorite song of yours?

I would say Against the World cause at the end of the day it will always be me and her together. No matter how many things we may disagree on i know she has my back and I have hers. Even when I'm sleeping on the couch for being a dumbass.

Does that happen often?

More than I like to admit I know yall wouldn't believe me but see the thing is i have a problem of just saying what I think without thinking first cause I have no filter. And well after 7 years she ain't afraid to call me out on shit but then again she hasn't ever been afraid to call me out. So we can go from fighting to laughing in no time flat.

I motion for him to wrap it up and he takes a couple of more questions and then makes his way off. We take the cart to his dressing room where I kiss him and tell him I will see him on the stage. He nods and tells me," I love you baby"
" I love you outlaw now kick ass"

I walk to the side and check in with Jesse and I radio making sure Brantley has made it under the stage to his spot that will rise from underneath .

PJ comes back to stand with me as the lights go out and the fireworks start and then the video comes in loud and then Jesse cues the band and it is deafening but an adrenaline rush and I love it.

Brantley is rocking tonight and the concert goes off without any incident. There isn't any meet and greets tonight but he does have an interview on the bus. I meet him after the encore of Read me my Rights and remind him of the interview and he asks "Can I  shower first?"
    And I tell him," yeah I will meet her and talk so run on to the bus and I will give you 20 minutes."
He kisses me and said," thanks babe and you did a great job today when I got out of your business"
I laugh and shake my head cause he pops me on the ass as he runs to the bus.