Turning 21

Flashback

Brantley POV

Timber Jade is turning 21 today and I have my CD Release Party for Halfway to Heaven tonight at the Georgia Theatre in Athens. I am gonna run by her apartment and pick her up. I told her months ago that I would celebrate with her and we are gonna throw down tonight. There really isn't a coincidence that I picked today to do this. I don't have a lot of time at home with me touring and recording and this way I made sure to be there for her special day. I know that if not for me and Mama and Kolby she wouldn't have anyone that would make a big deal over it. The band has been giving me hell over Jade wanting to know if I had tapped that ass of hers yet. I try to tell them it's not like that, we are just friends. I like her, we have a lot of things in common and she makes me laugh and doesn't take like to serious. Even though she has every right to, I mean her parents are total assholes. They don't call or check on her and she says she's better off without them. So I promised her a good time and what better way to celebrate than with a sold out concert/ album release party. We are gonna kick off her 21st in style.
I pull up in my truck and she comes running out dressed in them damn daisies, a Harley Davidson tank top and black boots with her hair flying behind her. I get to her door and open it. She jumps in my arms giving me a hug and I pick her up spinning her around and kiss her forehead wishing her a happy birthday.
"Thanks Brantley now are you ready for tonight?" Jade asks me

" hell yeah darlin I get to kick in on stage and then you and I get to kick it afterwards. Athens ain't ready for both of us" I tell her.
She grins and says,"Nope not by a long shot outlaw. So you want to tell me who I need to steer clear of so I won't cause you problems?"
"Jade you don't have to steer clear of anyone. I told you if they don't understand that you and I are friends then I don't need them in my life. Besides I wouldn't have done that to you. Tonight is our night baby girl"
We arrive and head in the back. Ben is the first one we see and he picks Jade up and she tells him ," Put me down you jolly green giant you know I'm scared of heights"
Ben pretended to drop her and she squealed causing us to laugh. She turned her squinted eyes to me and said," at least I ain't scared of a little worm"
"Girl that thing was anything but little. It was damn near 6 foot long" I tell her as I sling my arm over her shoulder and introduce her to Thomas Rhett. He is also performing tonight.
They tell me it's about time for me to go on and I hand Jade a shot of Jack as Ben passes out the rest to everyone else. Ben raises his glass and says," To a kick ass show and little bit turning 21 today , lets party bottoms up"

We all turn our glasses up and down them. Jade takes it like a champ and Ben hands her a beer to chase it with and I grab one and make my way to the edge of the stage. I look at Jade and say " Do I get a kiss for Luck ?"

She grins and said," sure do outlaw" and she stands on her tiptoes and places a soft kiss on my lips and then pulls back and slaps my ass and said," that's your cue"
I go out on stage and lose myself in the moment of performing in front of my hometown people. I glance over to see Jade dancing and drinking having a great time. I can't help but smile. As I finish my set, I run to Jade and pick her up swinging her around and she laughs throwing her head back. So carefree just like tonight should be. And in this moment I realize I hadn't thought about Amber all night. I excuse myself and head to the bathroom, I take a couple of pills and swallow them down with a beer before changing and heading back to my sweet Timber Jade.
After it's over we all head out to the club to dance and drink some more. I am feeling pretty great right now. Ben is pulling his moves on Jade and she can't do anything but laugh at him which causes me to smirk.
She heads to the dance floor and I just sit and watch drinking more and more. She pulls me up to some slow song so I dance with her until we hear last call. I know that I can't drive is back to her place so I have Jesse drive us and he said he would come pick me up in the morning cause someone needed to make sure she was okay.

I wake up the next morning with my head pounding I go to get up and I can't cause Jade is laying on my chest and in that moment I realize that we both are naked. I have no clue what happened once we got back here. How the hell did I let this happen?!! I get up and go grab some Gatorade and Tylenol and take it.

Jade walks in the kitchen like me naked and she said,"quit beating yourself up B, nothing happened last night other than we slept in the same bed naked. I know that is how you sleep it's how I sleep so get over yourself outlaw. Even if it had it's not like either of us are virgins. "

I turn and look at her and I can't help it but my body reacts to her standing before me and she smiles, "Jade I know we aren't virgins and I don't remember what happened and it scared the shit out of me cause your friendship is the one thing I don't want to screw up"

"Well I suggest you go get a shower and take care of your friend and I will fix us some breakfast " she says.
I laugh and tell her" yes ma'am but you know you could shower with me" and wink
" I have no doubt I could and would enjoy it tremendously but like you, our friendship is the one thing I can't afford to screw up."
I head out of the kitchen and her voice stops me cold," B you might want to quit mixing the opiates and alcohol or I imagine most of your mornings will turn out like this. Only the other girls might have actually taken advantage of you and your fame and money. Something to think about"

Just for you MissyDoe2017

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Just for you MissyDoe2017

Breaking Codeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें