The Plan Part 2

Timber Jade POV

   I'm standing by Brantley's truck and he tells me that he brought me to Judge Taylor's house to marry me and I hear myself agreeing when Judge Taylor poked his head out and asked if we were doing this.
I look at Brantley and tell him yes and he tells me it's a good thing I said yes cause he was prepared to tie me up until I did.

We walk inside and Judge Taylor, his wife and his clerk stood there in the formal living room. His wife hands me a bouquet of Cala lillies and we take off our rings and give them to Judge Taylor.
As he reads the words my mind wanders to the reason I didn't want to get married and then I think about my grandparents who loved and respected each other and I know without a doubt I love Brantley. I have loved him for so long I don't know why I have been so against this.
Brantley looks at me and says," Jade are you okay?"
I nod and say," yeah I'm sorry was thinking about this."
Judge Taylor says," Do you Timber Jade Williams take Brantley Keith Gilbert from this day forward to be your lawfully wedded husband forsaking all others till death do you part?"

I look at Brantley and say," I do"

Judge Taylor says," Do you Brantley Keith Gilbert take Timber Jade Williams from this day forward to be your lawfully wedded wife forsaking all others till death do you part?"

Brantley looked at me and said," I do "

"Brantley place the ring on her finger and repeat after me with this ring I thee wed"

"With this ring I thee wed" Brantley says as he slides the ring on my finger and I see the tear escape his eyes.

"Timber place the ring on Brantley's finger and repeat after me with this ring I thee wed"

"With this ring I thee wed" and I slide the ring on his finger and I feel the tears fall from my eyes.
Judge Taylor said," is there anything either of you would like to say?"

"Yes sir, I promise you Timber Jade Williams that I love you and I have since you walked onto my property 7 years ago. Yes I have had 2 failed attempts to marry but I know that you and I can make it cause it is us against the world, you are the reason God made me. You love me flaws and all and you accept me for who I am and don't try to change me and I love you and I promise I will love you in this lifetime and any other that we might possibly have. You have been my light in a world of darkness and I thank God every day for you. So know that you have me from this day forward. I promise you that no matter what this life throws at us I will always be by your side. "

The tears are falling for both of us and my voice wavers as I say," I love you Brantley Keith Gilbert and my heart found its home in you and I hold yours in my chest knowing that it is the most precious thing that you could have ever given me. I too have a failed attempt at getting married but it is because it wasn't you. You are right it is me and you against the world and it has been for some time. You have shown me how to love and how to be loved. You have been patient and gave me time to come to grips with my feelings on marriage. So today I stand here and promise you my love cause no matter what I have been through you have always been there loving me and supporting me and if you can take me with all my flaws then that tells me that you are a precious gem inside a rough outer covering much like the ring I have you. And I promise you that no matter what life throws at us I will always be standing by your side."

Judge Taylor said," In front of these witnesses and by the vows you have said and the giving and receiving of rings by the power invested in me by the state of Georgia I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride"

With those words Brantley pulls me into his arms and slowly and softly touches his lips to mine and kisses me before he deepened it. He took my breath away and as we broke apart I looked at him and he wipes the tears off my face and I do the same for him and he pulls me close and whispers in my ear," I love you wife"
And those words made me smile and for the first time I felt peace at the thought of being married.
Judge Taylor's wife asked if we wanted her to take some pictures of us and we gave her our phones and she snaps several pictures of us. We sign the license and Judge Taylor tells us he will file it tomorrow and that it would be public record from there. Brantley shook his hand and then he picks me up bridal style and carried me to his truck and places me in the passenger seat. He climbs in on his side and he smirks at me and asks," you ready for our honeymoon princess?"