Decisions

Brantley POV

Well it has been good spending the last couple of days with the gang but we are about to pull out and it will be another month until we get through with this tour. Jade has been a little off and I know that means she is thinking really hard about something and I know when she is ready to talk she will, besides I know we have a very long bus ride until we get to the next venue. Frank did tell me before he left that he had given her some food for thought.
Jason, Luke and I talked last night and I told them short of tying her up and taking her to a preacher or courthouse I wasn't sure she would ever agree to marry me.
Jason told me,"Don't give up on her, I think she is starting to waver besides she's tired of hearing I don't see a ring saying you belong to anyone. You know that she and I share a special bond B, I can't explain it she feels just like a sister. I mean I have the same feelings for her as I do Kasi. One day we were talking back when she was with Coulter and I asked about marriage and back then she said that it scared her. That she had lived the first 13 years of her life without being loved, that only when she came and stayed with her grandparents that she felt love. That if the people who are supposed to love her didn't then how could anyone else love her and not want to leave her after a few years."
Luke told me," She loves you BG, she is happiest when you are together and in her life. Hold onto that and the fact that she loves you with everything she has. Keep showing her and telling her and she will come around. "

Earl comes on and tells me we need to roll out, so I go to find Jade and let her know. As I step off my bus, I see her coming off Jason's bus and I head that way.

"Jade we got to roll princess."

"I know I was headed that way cause I made the schedule. Just telling Jay and Britt goodbye."

She hugs them both and I go to do the same and Jay whispers,"talk to her about marriage and listen to her "
I nod my head and tell them ,"yall stay safe and we will see you when we get off the road."

We head back to the bus since Luke and Caroline pulled out this morning.

Jade walks on and heads to the back of the bus to the bedroom. I sit down in my chair and I hear," B can you come here?"
"Yeah baby" I answer as I get up and make my way back.
Jade is on the bed and she pats the spot beside her and says,"Can we talk ?"

"We can do whatever you want, what's on your mind baby?"

"How important are kids to you , like being a parent?"

"Well I always imagined having a family one day although considering that I am 33 I don't know why?"

"Well Frank said some things the other night that have made me think. He asked me why we weren't married and they all told him it was me. Then he said if something were to happen to either of us that they wouldn't consult us. Someone else would make those decisions. And then the kicker was that there are thousands of children who would be blessed to have us as parents."

"Okay baby all that is true, I wouldn't worry about me cause Mama would let you make the decisions but has right they would call your parents to make decisions for you. And yes there are tons of children that are needing good homes. What are you thinking?"

"I'm scared shitless is what I'm thinking. I told them that I couldn't marry you because once you found someone who could give you what wanted most a family I would step aside and let you be happy. He told me that to him I was all the family you needed."

"Timber Jade Williams you are it for me. I tried to make it work with someone else and I couldn't cause they weren't you princess.You are the family I need and the only one I want, I ain't gonna find anyone else cause I have you the woman of my dreams."

"Okay I am not saying yes to marriage but I do want to ask you something that may sound crazy but hell when have I not been crazy? Can we look at getting rings for each other? I'm so tired of hearing and I quote 'I don't see no ring that says your taken'?"

"Princess if that will make you feel better then yes we can get you a ring "

"No i mean both of us get rings that way they can see that you are taken too"

"I like that idea even better baby"

She grabs her tablet and starts searching and I asked what she wanted and her reply was something different that holds meaning. She started squealing and I looked and she said,"I found it"

"Well how much is this ring gonna cost me baby?"

"Oh no I mean I found your ring " and she shoes me this ring and I am blown away because she has found a ring that is her. It is wood with Jade in the middle. I smile and say," you like it cause it says that I belong to Timber Jade? Am I right?"

"Yes you are exactly right although there is a black one with Jade in the middle which one do you like best?"

"You know I love black but I think I like the one that looks like wood and jade. Because that is what you liked the best."

" Okay now your turn to look"

"I already have picked out what I want to buy you cause I have done nothing but think about putting a ring on your finger."

I pull it up and show her and she said," that's so beautiful and it means I am your bright light in a dark world"

"Yes princess, you have always been the light even in my darkest days "

"Then lets order them and have them shipped to Jeff and he can get them to us on the road."

So we both placed our orders and I can't help but smile.