The Picture

Setting: Pasadena California just after the newly weds honeymoon (because they didn't really tell us in the show where they were honeymooning); their apartment, Amy is unpacking their things and Sheldon is standing in front of a white board, working on the same scientific research that held up their wedding...

Amy is crouched down over the suitcases, pulling things out and piling them in her hands to easier put them away, she goes back and forth between the suitcases and putting everything in it's rightful place. She stops short in her task as something falls out from the pocket of one of Sheldon's pants as she stands and folds them. A confused look grows on her face as she bends down to pick up what seemed like a piece of paper...

"Sheldon!" Amy calls from the bedroom as she takes in the photograph

"..." of course she gets no answer, figuring he must be in his zone, she storms out with the picture in hand

"Sheldon!" She snaps

"Hm?" Is all she gets out of him, with his focus souly on the white board

"Sheldon," she repeats, "Sheldon, I'm sorry, but this is important."

"Pft-more imports than string theory," he snides not looking away from the white board, "I don't think so."

"Sheldon your work will still be there after this conversation," Amy states, "but right now, yes, this is more important than string theory right now," she continues as she holds the picture out to him, "who is she and why do you have a picture of her?"

Sheldon stares at Amy for a long moment with a serious, wide eyed stare before taking the photograph from her and looking at it; it is of a teenage girl-about thirteen/fourteen years old...

"Where did you get this?" He asks clearly uncomfortable as he looks back at Amy

"It fell out of one of your pants pocket while I was folding them," she states plainly, "who is she?"

"I don't know," Sheldon tells her completely serious as he immediately sit down on the couch

"What do you mean you don't know?" Amy asks confused, "you have a picture of her," she adds starting to grow angry, "clearly you must know her Sheldon!"

"In theory yes," he agrees with her, "but I honestly can say that I don't."

"Then why do you have a picture of her?!" Amy screams

"Because my mother gave it to me when I went off to College at eleven," he states in his usual rational voice, "and told me to always keep it close...though come to think of it, she never said why-other than that it's important."

"You seriously don't know who she is?" Amy repeats a little more calm and a lot more confused, "or why your mother would give you a picture of her and tell you that it's important you keep it close?"

"That's what I just said," he tells her as he set the picture down on the coffee table and stands up

"Would one of your sibling know?" She asks him as he goes back to the white board containing his work

"I'm not sure," he states as he picks up the marker again, "they do have the same photo," he confirms, "but whenever I've tried asking them about it in the past..." he goes on as he uncaps the marker and starts working again only to get lost within his work once more

"Sheldon!" Amy exclaims

"Hm?" Is his only response

"Huh," she sighs with exasperation, "But whenever you've tried asking them about it in the past..." she repeats