Baby Boom IV: July 4, 2020

Setting: as the title says; Texas, Mary's house...

     Much like her first and second birth, Missy decided on a home birth for her third and final child; Bailey, Barry, their sons, and Sheldon and Amy flew in on the first of the month. All the family left was in attendance: Mary, Uncle Ed, MeeMaw, Bobbi, Hershel, and Billy Sparks, Sheldon and Amy, Bailey, Barry, and their sons, Missy's first two kids, Georgie, Elvira and their four kids. They have all been waiting for hours for Missy to go into labor; Sheldon's been avoiding all of his family back Skyping with his friends back in California, while Amy sat talking with Bobbi, Bailey talked with Elvira, while Mary tended to Missy, and Georgie, Connie and Hershel sit watching a football game and all the kids either napping or playing.

"I still can't believe it's pouring out!" Bailey suddenly whines, "we can't do the cook out and I'm starvin!"

"Ain't y'all fat enough?" Georgie laughs jokingly

"Shut up ya mullet headed idiot!" Bailey says as she busts out laughing, "hahaha!-I'm pregnant not fat!" She adds between laughs, "gahod-I love ya-"

"I don't think I've ever seen two closer twins," Elvira says as she glances between her husband and her best friend, "and it's kinda weird-creepy even..."

"..." Bailey and Georgie just stare at her with blank looks

"Oh, yikes!" Elvira starts as she glance between their identical stares, "Stop doin' that! Stop makin' the same face as each other-it was freaky when we were youngins' and it's still freaky now."

"It ain't weird or creepy that we're close E," Bailey argues, "yer my best friend, but he was my only friend before I met ya-"

"I know that," Elvira cut her off, "Y'all followed 'im round like a lil. lost puppy or go off on her own when 'is friends came round," she mutters

"What're ya gettin' at E?" Georgie asks her with a sigh, "We're twins-"

"We shared a womb fur nine months-" Bailey adds in with a laugh

"Aw, god Bay!" Georgie says grossed out, "ya gotta make it weird-"

"It ain't weird," she laughs

"Ya it is," he argues back

"..." Bailey goes quiet and wides eyed for a moment before looking away from his face and at the floor and whispering, "Sorry Georgie..."

"..." Elvira gives him a look while tilting her head to the side

"What?" He mouths to her clearly clueless

"..." she rolls her eyes and nudges her head in Bailey's direction

"Bay-" he starts

"Don't Georgie," Bailey cuts him off, "yer right, it is weird fur me ta say, it is weird; I more than always had a way makin' things weird," she sighs out, "and I am sorry, but I can't help that. I love ya Georgie, and I am so grateful ta ya fur bein' like my older brother-even though I'm the older one-ya we're always lookin' out fur me; protection' me," she tells him, "though, unlike how we protected Sheldon, ya gave me the space ya fend fur myself and grow a pair-Metaphorically speakin'-"

"Meta wha-" he buts into her speech confused

"Hypothetically-" she corrects

"Hypo-What?" He says again, still confused

"Never mind cowboy," Elvira tells him, "I'll explain it ta ya later, now Shut up and let Bay finish."

"Right, Sorry," he mutters, "continue-"

"Anyway," Bailey continues, "if ya hadn't given me the chance ta fight my own battles," she explains, "insteada always fightin' 'em fur me-I likely would've wound up just like Shelly..."