Just Keep Praying

Setting: 1998; Georgie and Carly have been married a year now, Missy is in her senior year, Bailey is still asleep, and Elvira is just getting out of jail...

"Adams!" A prison guard calls into one of the cells

"..." she glances over to him

"Times up," he tells her, "Yer free ta go."

"Can I get one last request before I go?" She asks in a raw voice

"That's the first y'all spoken since ya got in 'ere," he chuckles at her as she follows him out, "but what might that request be?"

"A bottle of water," she tells him, "and enough money fur a cab?"

"Let's have ya fill out the release papers," he chuckles to her, "and I'll see what I can do fur ya."

     Elvira sits at a desk filling out her release papers-angsty to finally get out of there, as the guard gets her a water and grabs money from the department swear jar...

"Here ya go Rivers," she says handing him the paperwork in exchange for the water

"This should be enough fur a cab E," he tells her as he hands her the money

"Thanks," she says as she pockets it and finishes the water bottle

"Hopefully we won't be seeing y'all back here," Rivers tells her with a slight chuckle

"Yea," she chuckles as he guides her to the exit

"Unless y'all yer missing me," he says giving her, what he thinks in a smoldering smile

"Not interested Rivers," she tells him with an eye roll and a smirk, "after five years in this place, I don't wanna see it fur a long time."

"Hope yer not still holdin a torch fur Cooper," River tells her as they reach the exit, "I heard through the grape vine he got married again-"

"Again?" Elvira asks, turning back to him in shock, "ya know what," she sighs heavily, "never mind...thanks fur tellin me Jordan, but I still ain't lookin ta settle down just quite yet."

"Where're y'all gonna go E?" He asks her

"Thought I'd go visit an old friend first," she tells him with a shrug, "Maybe clean out the old house and take a little road trip after that...or just go-wherever the road takes me."

"Just-" he sighs, "be careful E."

"Will do," she says as turns to stop a car at random, "Hey there, mind given a girl a ride?"

"Y'all got cash on ya?" They asks from the drivers seat

"Sure do," she tells him

"Where to?" He asks her as she gets in

"John Sealy Hospital please," she tells him for sticking her head out the window as it starts to drive away, "later Rivers!"

     The ride to the hospital is quietly as Elvira reflects on her years in prison: all she could focus on and keep her sane while in there, was the thought of reuniting with Georgie once's she got out. She had secretly hoped he'd be waiting for her once she got out, but she should've known better than to have expected it. It's been nine years since she last saw him or any of the Coopers for that matter. To learn that the guy she loved has now been married twice was unexpected and unthought of to say the least; maybe she'd take a trip to Medford and size this girl up, see if she's worthy of her cowboy's heart before deciding if she'd be a home wrecker or not. She wanted Georgie for herself, but more than anything else, she just wanted him to be happy...