Judgement

*Deep in the Heart Of Texas: Sung by various people over the years-but originally from the 1940s*

Setting: 2011...

     It a dark day at the cemetery as Georgie stands by Skylor for emotional support while she buries her brother, and they're the only two to attend the funeral. Jordan Rivers had died, not in the line of duty as a cop, but from a seizure in his car while driving home from his shift. Skylor is now completely alone with her brother gone and from what she told Georgie, that has always been one of her biggest fears-along with her aneurysm killing her. Jordan was once Georgie's 'best friend,' but he hadn't seen or talked to Jordan in years and now he's dead. Skylor is simply quiet, doesn't cry or anything as they watch the coffin lower into the grave between her parents.

     She herself didn't really know her brother, on the leave most siblings knew each other; after being separated at two, she didn't actually meet him or her mother until their father died when they were fifteen. After that, she hadn't seen her brother again until their mother died when they were in their mid twenties. After their mother's passing, they mostly did their own things with their lives and only called or got together around holidays and birthdays. She had spent her life after college, doing literally everything she could to live a full life and have no regrets hanging over her; if she wanted to do something, she usually did it. But there is now only one this she wanted before the ticking time bomb sitting in her head finally decided to go off and end her existence...

"What're ya thinkin bout?" Georgie asks her as he drives them home after the funeral

"Nothin important," she tells him with a sigh and a smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes

"..." He quietly glances over at her from the driver seat but says nothing as he goes back to watching the road

     He thought of Skylor as more than just his secretary, but not as anything more than a really good friend, and much like Taylor, everyone just assumed they were dating. It didn't both either of them to the point where they felt need to correct them, and they just let them all believe what they wanted. She became fast friends with Erika when he brought her with him to see his Erika's new born daughter. Erika taken to naming her: Georgina after her godfather; Skylor even started going to Taylor's grave with him and knew all about Bailey too. They were now heading to his mom's house for a family reunion of sorts.

     The moment they arrive at Mary's House in Medford, and they get out, Georgie spots his Uncle Stumpy at the grill arguing with his MeeMaw while she cooks her famous brisket. Mary's arguing with Missy about something or other while her husband: Wesley talks with Erika's husband: Warren and Erika takes care of Georgina while keeping and eye on her son: Anthony and Niece and Nephew: Julia and James as they run around in the front yard. The only people not present are his Aunt Anna and Uncle Lawrence as well as his younger brother: Sheldon, and of course Bailey too. This was their first family get together since his father died and the whole family accept for Sheldon and Bailey were in attendance. Georgie rolls his eyes at all the arguing-it's all anyone in his family seem to do is argue-as he and Skylor make their way from the truck to where everyone is.

     He watches as Skylor just sits quietly and watches everyone around her argue the way normal families do with a slightly down expression on her face. He glances around at everyone else as they all do their own things, before pulling a small black box out of his pocket, opening it, then walking over to where she sits and sits it down on the table in front of her. Skylor doesn't notice at first, until he sits down in front of her on the other side; this causes her to look at him looking at her before glancing down and just as quickly look back up at him speechless in shock...

"Y'all crazy or something Cooper?" She asks as a smirk grows on her face as she tries to coolly play off her shock, "it's gotta nice shine to it, but I don't think Erika will appreciate the joke."