End

Setting: 2004...

Georgie and Erika sit across from each other in dead silence at the dinner table, the food long since forgot and grown cold from the pause in their serious conversation. Time slowly continues to tick away as the two just stare each other: Erika scowling, and Georgie in disbelief as she slides a document across the table to him...

"I'm completely serious Georgie," she states quietly as she places the pen down onto of the document

"You're just bringing this up now," he states still starring at her in disbelief, "y'all couldn't mention that ya wanted this ages ago?"

"I had sent away fur this and got it drawn up months ago Georgie," she tells him simply, "and I did mention it ta ya; y'all just don't listen, now please sign and it'll be over."

"What if I don't want it ta be over," He retorts in a now foul mood

"Well I do," she sighs in aggravation, "so sign it."

"Why y'all want this so damn bad?" He huffs out angrily

"Cause y'all don't love me Georgie and ya know it," she tells him sternly, "yer in love with that Elvira girl," she starts breaking down into tears, "What we had was good run at first-great even," she sighs between sobs, "but I'm exhausted of feelin like yer constantly comparen me ta 'er..."

"..." he stays silent as he listens to and watches her cry

"I've had more miscarriages than I can count," she sniffles, "I thought y'all were my Prince Charming at one point," she heaves, "But now-I don't think we were ever meant ta be together Georgie. Please, just sign..."

"Y'all are sure this is what ya want?"He asks her with a sigh

"Yes," she says straight faced

"..." he stares a her a moment before letting out a defeated sigh, "Fine."

With slight reluctance Georgie signs the document as Erika guided him through signing it properly as well as crossing all the 'T' and dotting all the 'I' properly too. Once everything's been signed, the rest of dinner is nothing but agonizing silence as they finish their now very cold dinner. After dinner Erika does the dishes and goes to sleep in the bed while Georgie goes to sleep on the couch. He doesn't sleep though; he just lays awake, starring at the ceiling and replaying the nights events as well as his soon to be ex wife's word in his head. He had continuously tried to be a good husband to her these last five years and honestly thought they were both happy-but he obviously was wrong.

He finds himself constantly glancing over at the clock to see how long he's been awake and how much time has passed him by as he tosses and turns. He eventually lets out a sigh, gets up from the couch, grabs the keys to his truck and leaves, driving around aimlessly at first as he tries to decide where to go. He can't visit with Connie at this hour, or Bailey and Taylor; he could go to his mother's in Medford, but he didn't want to wake her or Missy at this hour either. Georgie drives till he reaches the middle of a desert, turns the car off the engine and hops out onto the hood to just gaze up at the starry night skies. He eventually falls asleep without knowing it and is woken by dawns first ray of light; he yawns and stretches as he gets up and drives himself back to the apartment, only to find Erika and everything belonging to her completely gone.

No note, two piles lay out on the table: one of ripped up pictures and the other of empty, broken photo frames; he groans in aggravation as he pushes the mess off the table and into the trash. He goes about the apartment angrily searching for anything she might've left behind in her hurry to leave before he got back, only to have his search be in vain as he finds absolutely nothing. He finds that she took nothing of his, only what was hers and only half of what was once 'theirs' had been taken with her as well. She hadn't even taken any of the money from 'their' joint bank account; she just closed it and had it all transferred to his business account. Georgie throws an empty beer bottle across the room and at the wall in frustration, aggravation and pain before grabbing his keys and leaving again.