Lies

Setting: April; the doctors office...

Bailey sits in quiet, horrified shock at what has just been explained to her, as she stares at the white floor tiles; what she had first assumed before coming had been right, but the should have been joyous news, had been crushed by a ton of bricks with the news to follow her confirmed assumption. Her hearing now mute to the rest of the doctors words as she's still zoned out in shock; the doctor's hand being placed on her shoulder, snaps her from her trans and her gaze goes back to theirs...

"You don't have to decide now," they tell her, "go home and talk it over with your husband, then come back when you've made your decision. I'm truly sorry Mrs. Kripke."

"Thanks doc," she mutters, her voice still clearly shaken as leaves

"Well?" Her agent asks her as she returns to the waiting room

"False alarm; I ain't pregnant," she lies, "Sorry Jack."

"It's fine," he tells her with a sigh, "I'm sorry Bay, you were so sure."

"Yea," she mutters quietly, "but everybody makes mistakes."

Bailey remains quiet the entire car ride that Jack drives her home and he doesn't say anything to her-figuring she's just depressed about the false alarm. She just stares out the window in silence as the scenery passed by, replaying everything the doctor had told her earlier...

"You are pregnant Mrs. Kripke," they had confirmed-not in a 'congratulations,' happy type way, but more in a serious, way

"What's wrong doc?" She had asked them with a confused smile and slight laugh, "it's good news ain't it?"

"Not in your case Mrs. Kripke," they had told her causing her heart to race and confusion to only grow

"And why's that?"

"Mrs. Kripke," they sighed out, leaning agains the desk holding the sink and above cabinet and folding their arms over their chest, "having been in a coma for twenty nine years, left your heart in a seriously fragile state; a state that was put strain upon by your last pregnancy, and the birth itself of your last pregnancy, has left your hearts in an even weaker state of which is more at risk for heart attacks," they explain to her as simply as they can so she understands everything

"What're y'all sayin' doc?" She asked in an unsure tone, dreading their reply

I'm saying," they sigh out heavily, "that if you proceed with bringing this child into the world," they continue, "Then the repercussions has a high possibility of you not making it to term or worse, the high probability of you not making it through the birth-I'm so sorry."

"..." She was quiet as she let their words fully sink into her brain, "and my options?"

"You could proceed with trying to bring it to full term and risk your life in the process," they tell her, "or you can save yourself the risk and abort it."

"BAY!" Jack shouts, snapping her out of her memories

"..." she glances over at him

"We're here," he tells her

"Thanks Jack," she mutters depressed as she gets out

"Don't forget we have to get to the set extra early tomorrow," he calls after her, "so I'll be here round four!"

She doesn't bother to answer verbally, just waves her hand as she enters the building and makes her way to her apartment floor where her grandmother is watching her twins while she and Barry work-MeeMaw had come for a surprise visit. But instead of stopping on the fourth floor where her apartment is, she keeps going all the way to the roof and sits on the ledge, consumed by her thoughts. To anyone that might've looked up, they likely would've thought she is planning to jump, but to her, she's simply contemplating her thoughts and options in the last place she figures anyone will look for her. She loved the thought of bringing another child into the world with the man she loved, but she hated the very thought of ending its unborn life, just to save her own. The very thought of robbing her own child at the chance to live and grow as she was robbed of the chance to live just made her hate herself more for even considering it as an option in the first place...