With Weed in Her Hand

Setting: November 22, 2019...

It had been a matter of weeks since Bailey's boy's were born and her family had returned home to Texas when her mother Mary called with the shocking and sudden news of her aunts death. She had been walking home from the store or something when it happened, she had been hit by a car. The police found had found found small packs of weed all over her being and in her purse. The autopsy report came back saying that she was higher than medical prescribed by her doctor and was predicted that she likely didn't even feel it when the car hit her. Her funeral was short and kept a private, family affair of only her sister in law, nieces, and nephews.

She had no children to leave any of her possessions to, and she had pawned any possessions of real value away long before for weed money-accept for her mother's house, which she gave to Georgie and his family along with her mother's engagement ring for his wife. The only things of value she left behind, is her unsmoked weed and whatever she left in the house when she gave it to Georgie. Bailey was the only to speak at her wake, as Mary couldn't stop crying, Connie, and Missy couldn't find anything nice to say, Sheldon didn't really spend much time with her growing up since going to study in Germany and his father's death, and Georgie was in the same boat as Sheldon. It is now days after her being put in the ground and all are present in the Cooper house readying for thanksgiving in mostly silence. Connie, Mary, Bailey, Missy, Elvira, and Amy all in the kitchen preparing the feast, while Georgie, Ed and Billy watch football; Barry and Sheldon discuss science, Hyla, Carl, and Matilda play quietly in one of the bedrooms and the five babies peacefully nap in another back room...

"Why am I stuck on salad?" Missy complains

"Cause ya burn water," Connie tells her flat out

"Mom!" Mary snaps
"That ain't true!" Missy snaps at the same time

"Missy," Connie starts, "honey," she sighs out, "I asked ya ta boil a pot of water two minutes ago-"

"I did," she exclaims

"Ya," Connie huffs as she picks the pot up off the still hot stove and shows her its empty, "and it sloshed all over the stovetop and evaporated with how high ya put it on."

"Why don't I just go get the booze," Missy grumbles as she grabs her purse and leaves

"Amy, could y'all please go with 'er," Bailey asks her

"Me?" Amy asks stunned

"Just make sure she don't buy too much alcohol," Bailey tells her, "and that ya don't miss dinner."

"Sure," Amy says following after Missy

"..." Bailey eyes Elvira

"Hm," Elvira clears her throat, "pumpkin pies in the over," she states, "I'm gonna go check on the babes."

"..." Bailey leans against the counter, crossing her arms as she stares her mother and grandmother down

"Don't y'all be givin' yer MeeMaw the stink eye Bailey Ellie Cooper," Connie warns her

"Why don't y'all go watch the game with Uncle Ed, Georgie and Billy," Bailey states simply

"..." Connie arches a brow at this

"Please," she says in a smidge less toned voice

"Yer lucky I love you," Connie mutters as she leaves the kitchen as well

"Bay-" Mary starts in question

"Did y'all know?" She asks cutting her off

"Know what baby?" Mary asks confused