Georgie's Girlfriend; Bailey's Best Friend

*Heaven is a place on earth: Belinda Carlisle-1987*
Setting: February 13, 1987; Bailey is talking by her locker with her best friend...

"Why won't you let me tell somebody E?" Bailey asks her friend as she puts things in her locker

"Because I'm fine Bay," she replies coldly

"Fine?" Bailey replies sarcastically, "oh ya, the shiners behind your bangs and fact that you can never wear short sleeves is completely fine and normal."

"It's normal for me Bay," she huffs back as she slams her own books into her locker, "if anyone knew, you know what'll happen."

"Yea," she sighs out as she closes her locker, "I know."

"He's a good man deep down," E says in a softer tone, "I still remember how it was before my mom died."

"Hey Bay," Georgie says coming up behind them, "Babe," he says to E with a smile as he spins her around to plant a kiss on her cheek

"Geez!" Bailey exasperates, "do y'all gotta come outta nowheres like that Georgie?! Y'all scared me half to death!"

"Sorry Bay," He replies while laughing and putting his arm around E's shoulder

     Bailey notices her friend cringe slightly under his touch, but Georgie doesn't notice one bit as the three of them make their way to the lunch room and take a seat at one of the table...

"The valentine dance is tonight," Georgie says with a smile and his arm still around his girl

"So?" Bailey asks in a huff

"Don't be that way just cause nobody's asked ya," he laughs at her

"For yer information Jr," Bailey starts with a glare his way as she unpacks her lunch, "a number of fellas have asked me, despite you tryin ta scare 'em off, but I turned them down because I told mom and dad I'd babysit Missy and Shelly while they won't be back till tomorrow now."

"I did no such thing!" Georgie huffs glaring back at her, "why would I care Who asks you out?!"

"Oh, so you don't care that Jordan Rivers asked me to the dance?" She asks with a raised eyebrow

"Rivers?" He repeats, "as in the jackass that beat me out for quarterback? That Rivers?!"

"Yes," she huffs

"I'll kill 'em," he says filled with rage now

"Why?" She asks unimpressed as she starts eating

"Cause he's my best friend," he exclaims, "I don't want my sister dating my best friend!"

"Yer datin mine!" She shouts back in reply as she accidentally spills her water down her front side, "Excuse me while I go clean up."

     Georgie and E watch as Bailey leaves for the girls room in a huff before going back to eating their own lunches and talking to each other...

"What bout you E?" He asks turning to her, "Wanna go with me tonight?"

"I can't Georgie," she says a bit too quickly, "sorry."

"Come on," he says lightly nudging her in the shoulder and accidentally, unknowingly causing her pain, "it just a school dance."

"No Georgie," she replies firmly

"You never wanna do anything with me outside of school," he complains

"I'm not allowed to socialize outside of school," she replies quietly, "besides, I've got chores to do when I get home."