Letting Go

*Let Her Go: Passenger-2012*

Setting: 1996; Houston air port, the Coopers stand outside the gate leaving for California...

     The Coopers all stand in the waiting area near the gate leaving for California of the air port, waiting for boarders to start being called for boarding. Sixteen year old Sheldon sits between his Mother and MeeMaw, with his luggage between his legs; Georgie and sixteen year old Missy stand off over by the window, starring out it and wanting this particular moment to be over. Georgie wanted to get out of there and get to Taylor's grave, while Missy wanted to leave so she could get to a party. Both siblings had the same thoughts: 'maybe mom will finally notice and be proud of me with Sheldon in another state,' and both are determined to do so in their own ways. The boarders are soon started to be called...

"Well," Mary sighs out, "Alrighty, that's yer flight baby...yer sure that y'all have everything right?"

"I am," Sheldon tells her as he, Mary and MeeMaw all stand from there seats

"Missy, Georgie," Connie calls out to them, "get over 'ere and say bye ta yer brother."

     Georgie pushes off the wall he's leaning against and stands straight up as Missy uncrosses her arms and turns around, both of them make their way over to say bye to their brother...

"Goodbye Missy," Sheldon states in his normal robotic way as he holds out a gloved hand to her

"Really Shelly?" Missy huffs before forcefully pulling him into a hug, an evil grin on her face as she does so, then whispers in his ear, "Bye, Bye."

     Just as quickly as she had pulled him into a forced hug, she pushes him away and the smile goes from looking evil, to false kindness-not that her emotionless twin could comprehend the difference...

"Goodbye Georgie," Sheldon says turning towards his older brother, holding out his gloved hand again

'Smile,' Taylor's voice rings in his memories, 'no matter how much he gets under yer skin, y'all've gotta smile; he's still yer brother after all.'

"See ya Sheldon," Georgie says shaking his younger brother's gloved hand with a forced smile

     Connie and Mary hug Sheldon again and again as soon as Georgie let's go of his gloved hand; once all the hugging is finished, Mary sends him onto the plane with tears in her eyes. They all stay put by the window until Sheldon's plane takes off and disappears from all of their sight. Once the plane is gone, they all head where they need to: Mary and Connie head home with Missy, and Georgie for the cemetery. The moment that the three ladies get home, Missy sneaks out to a party unnoticed while Mary and Connie are talking in the kitchen. Georgie picks up a six pack of beer on his way to Taylor's grave, then spends an hour sitting at it: drinking and ranting. Georgie is about half through his third beer when he gets a phone call...

"Ya?" He answers

"Yer sister snuck out again," Mary tells him from the other end of the phone

"Damn it," he curses under his breath, "I'll find 'er," he sigh out, "be home with 'er soon."

     Georgie hangs up the phone with another irritated sigh as he glances at the grave while downing the rest of the beer; once done, he stands up from the ground, grabbing the other three beers as he does so...

"I'll see ya tomorrow Taylor," he says before he starts heading back towards his truck, "help me not ta strangle that girl..."

A very light-barely even there-breeze blows by, tussling his hair as he walks away from the grave he never one failed to visit since her death and out of the cemetery. He slams the truck door and drives off, muttering curse words under his breath as he makes sharp turns at corners, and pounds on the horn in his rage. It felt like he was constantly getting her out of stupid situations that she put herself in. He drives to the recent party she had been talking about getting invited to and doesn't bother pounding on the door with how loud the musics. He walks right inside and instead of asking around to see if people had seen her, he instantly starts checking all the closed doors in the house.