Secrets

*Because Of You: Kelly Clarkson-2004; I know this song technically didn't come out in the setting of this chapter, but I feel like it helps give a little insight on both Elvira and Bailey's feelings towards Mr. Adams that I can't full express in my writing*

Setting: 1988; summer time...

"I've got it!" Bailey calls out as she goes to answer the door, "E?" She says in surprise once she's opened it, "What're you doin 'ere?"

"I-I-I," she stutters out

"He didn't follow you did he?" Bailey whispers quickly

"..." Elvira just shakes her head as her body shakes

"Georgie and dad are at a game," she says as she helps her friend inside, "Missy went to the store with mom-"

"Hello," Sheldon says only glancing away from the tv

"Go back to watching dr. proton," Bailey tells him sternly before going back to her best friend, "are you sure he didn't follow ya?"

"I whacked him with the frying pan," she whispers between sobs as her body quivers

"Let's get you cleaned up," Bailey says quietly as she helps her to the upstairs, "Don't answer the door if someone comes knocking Sheldon!"

"But what if it's MeeMaw?" He calls back

"MeeMaw's in Medford," she snaps from upstairs, "why would she be knocking at the door?!"

"Because she's coming to visit," he replies simple

"And you didn't tell anyone?!" She screams back

"I believe I just did," he replies

She rolls her eyes, deciding that she can't deal with him at the moment; she gets the first aid kit from the bathroom and helps clean Elvira up...

"It's been seven years E," she whispers, "you've gotta tell someone E, please."

"They'll take me away from him Bay," she whispers in a trembling voice, "he's my daddy Bay, he's all I got left...and I'm all he's got left."

"Fine," Bailey sighs reluctantly, "you look like shit...come on, you can rest in my bed...unless you wanna rest in Georgie's bed."

"I d-don't c-care," Elvira stutters out

"Mom'll have a fit if she finds you in Georgie's bed," Bailey sighs, "though I know Georgie'll love it, but you're prob safer in my bed."

Bailey helps her into the bed and stays by it until she falls asleep; when Elvira is finally asleep, Bailey quietly goes to her desk and pulls out her diary. Bailey adds another entry to it about Elvira and her father's cruelty towards her, when the entry is finished, Bailey, still being the dumb teenager that she is, decides to make a stupid decision...

"Where are you going?" Sheldon asks as she comes down the stairs with her purse

"Out," is her only response

"But you can't leave," he states, "I'm only eight, I'm not supposed to be home by myself without an adult or responsible guardian present."

"Elvira is asleep upstairs in my bed," Bailey tells him with a sigh, "she's more responsible that you think Shelly, so if there's an emergency, you can wake 'er up ok? Other than that you should be fine till either MeeMaw gets 'ere, or Mom and Missy come home."

"How long will you be gone Bay?" He asks her

"Not long," is her only reply as she continues to the door, "hopefully," she whispers on her way out