A Set Back

Setting: mid school year 1992; Sheldon is still in college, Missy is in seventh grade, and Georgie is in his senior year of high school...

'Up next,' the news reporter on the tv says, 'a high school senior in Galveston is arrested for murder.'

Georgie's eyes are glued to the screen as they show video footage of a girl about his age from the back as a cop handcuffs her and leads her towards the car before cutting to commercials. He wasn't entirely sure since the footage of the girl was from the back, but by the color of her hair and the long clothing she wore, he could've swore she was Elvira, but he couldn't be sure since he hadn't seen her in three years. He had just got home from his after school job and had about a half hour alone before Missy comes home from sneaking out with a boy, his dad went to the shooting range and his mother followed him in secret. He had been so exhausted, that after grabbing one of his father's beers, he didn't even bother changing the tv station from the news to a football game after turning it on. News comes back on the screen as his sister walks back through the door and soon plops down next to him on the couch.

"Hey," he says as the news anchors have pleasant banter between each other

"Hey," She replies lightly

"Yer gonna wanna hide that hicky before mom and dad get home," he tells her have only glanced her way with his eyes

"A good big brother would normally get angry and threaten ta kill the boy," Missy replies with disinterest

"I ain't pummelin a guy over a hicky," he mutters, "they hit ya, or take advantage of ya, then I'll kick his ass."

"Why're y'all watchin the news?" Missy asks changing subjects

The news anchors finally stop their banter and go from the studio, to a cop outside the high school where the students was arrested and he explains how the murder actually occurred a few miles away and goes to footage of the old Adams house. He further explains while walking the video footage through the filth cluttered house, how they found evidence of the deceased having kept his murderer captive within the house for an uncertain amount of time before she brutally ended his life with a multiple blows to the head using a cast iron frying pan. Once the cop and camera man are back outside the house, the cop goes into detail about the murderer as a picture of her comes up onto the screen...

"Georgie..." Missy starts, "Isn't that-"

"Yep," he says as both their eyes are glued to the photo on the screen

'Although It has been proven that the murder was souly in self defense,' the cop explains, 'the criminal in question is being trialed as an adult due to being seventeen and the deceased being her father.'

The scream changes back to the news anchors in the studio, the picture of the seventeen year old girl on the screen in the corner and it is clear as day that it's Georgie's girl...

"You're ex is a murderer," Missy snorts and giggles like a child

"Shut up Missy," he snaps angrily, "ya heard the news! It was self defense!"

"Their saying that her trial is set for a week from now," she tells him with her eyes still glued to the screen

'We were lucky enough to get a comment from the assailant in question: seventeen year old Elvira Louisa Addams,' one anchor tells the audience with a smile before the screen changes to earlier in the day where the cop was arresting her in front of the high school

'A word Ms. Adam!'

Her face turns to the reporter and the screen is met by messy dark brown, covering two black eyes, a broken nose, split lip and multiple bruises...