Baby Boom III: October 27/28, 2019

Setting: October 27, 2019; Bailey & Barry's apartment, 10pm...

"Shit, shit, shit," Bailey whisper mutters as she sits up in bed, rubbing her eyes, "Barry-"

"..." no reply

"Barry," She says louder

"..." still no answer

"Huh," sighs out as she moves herself to the edge of the bed and easies herself off it

     By the light of her phone, she gets dressed and struggles with getting her shoes on before calling it quits and settling for flip flops, she grabs her coat and the hospital bag before flipping on the bedroom light and shaking her husband...

"Barry," she says yet again as she shakes him

"Mmm," he mumbles, his eyes still closed

"Get up hot stuff," she tells him, but he doesn't move, "Barry get up, its time ta getta the hospital; the twins are comin."

"What?" He asks half asleep, groggy and kind of out of it

"My water broke," she tells him with a tried sigh, "we gotta go ta the hospital."

"I'm up," he says as he sluggishly gets out of the bed, "show we call youw famiwy?"

"Already doin' it," she tells him as he gets dressed

     She calls her mother, and leaves the rest of the wake up calls to her as her contractions start getting closer together; they are met at the hospital by everyone a half hour to eleven. By eleven, Bailey's in labor and by eleven thirty the first of her twins are born: a boy they named Tucker Lawrence Kripke. It isn't until one am on the twenty eighth that the other twin is born: another boy they named Austin Cooper Kripke...

"They're so small," Sheldon says starring at his new nephews as his older sister and Barry holds them

"Most newborns are small," she tells him quietly with a light, tired laugh, "You were pretty small yerself Shelly."

"I was not," he argues, "I was normal sized."

"No, yer sister's right Moonpie," Connie chimes in, "y'all were a bit smaller than average-"

"I use ta love dressin' ya up like ya were one of my dolls," Bailey giggles as Austin wraps his tiny fingers around her pinky, "E, Georgie," she says looking to them, "we want ya ta be Austin's godparents," she tells them

"Bay-" Sheldon starts ready to through a fit

"We'd be honored Bay," Elvira replies with a smile

"It's yer sister's decision," Mary whisper to Sheldon

"Coopew," Barry starts and just about all eyes look to him, "sowwy, habit, Sheldon," he corrects himself, "we'd wike you and Amy to be Tuckew's godpawents."

"We'd be honored to," Amy tells them smiling, "right Sheldon?"

     Sheldons looks just about ready to burst with excitement at the honor he had badgered his older sister into giving him, as he could not tone down the smile he had on...

"Sheldon, Georgie," Bailey starts again, "y'all wanna hold yer godsons?"

     Sheldon and Georgie carefully take the newborn boys into their arms, Sheldon only holds Tucker long enough for Mary to snap a picture then quickly passes the baby off to Amy and cleans his hands with hand sanitizer. Bailey laughs at the sight, before admiring Georgie holding her other son like a pro before he carefully passes Austin off to Elvira for her to hold him. All the kids were left behind at the Koothrappali's apartment for Erika and Rajesh to watch them as they mostly slept through the night. By the time the sun starts to rise, Bailey and Barry are bringing the newest additions to their life home with them and get them settled in their new shared crib. Bailey just leans against the crib, tiredly starring at her beautiful boys with a peaceful smile on her face as she gently brushes her fingers against their tiny sleeping faces...