Hyla's Choice

*Where you belong: Kari Kimmel*
*picture of Hyla all grown up*

Setting: Hyla's return home to Texas from visiting Sheldon and Amy in California; Galveston airport, Hyla and her small party of three that came with her have just stepped off the plane and into the airport...

The moment I step into the airport with my carry on bag, I immediately start searching for mom, daddy and my younger siblings; I don't see anyone at first and Aunt Erika guides me over to the luggage claim to pick up our bags. It's when we've all grabbed our bags from the carrousel that a familiar voice calls out to us and a broad smile breeches my face as I drop my bags and run straight into their arms...

"Long time no see Prince Charmin," Erika says with a clear smile in her tone as she comes over to where I am in my daddy's arms

"And who's fault is that Erika?" Daddy asks her with a laugh

"Yers," she says laughing as well, "ain't nothin' stoppin' ya from comin' ta India fur a visit."

"She's got ya there Cowboy," mom tells daddy with a chuckle

"Y'all remember yer Aunt Erika," Daddy says to my siblings, "and Da-Dal-Dali-"

"Dalib," mom states for him with a smirk and light shake of her head, "Howdy Erika, Dalib," she adds in hugging each of them, then looks around before asking, "Where's Halley?"

"She had ta use the restroom," I reply as I finally pull away from daddy and going to hug my mom

"She should be along soon," Erika adds in, in her mixed accents of Indian and western, "I see ya brought the whole clan-"

"Well Missy is puttin' Halley up while she's 'ere," mom tells her

"And we all just couwdn't wait to see Hywa again," Uncle Barry adds in as I notice him and Bobbi Sparks side by side holding hands

"When's the weddin?" I ask with a smirk growing on my face

"..." Uncle Barry avoids eye contact, suddenly finding the floors very interesting as he rubs the back of his neck, and Bobbi blushes profusely as she too avoids eye contact

"Better be soon," Aunt Missy jokes

"Sheldon's gonna 'ave a field day when 'e finds out," Erika says laughing

"He'll get over it," Na-Na says, clearly still upset by the news of my cousin Ace

"Sorry I took so long," Comes Halley's voice as she finally shows up, "my parents wanted me ta call 'em as soon as we landed, and I really had ta pee."

We all talk and laugh as we head to the cars and head for home; I love visiting Uncle Sheldon, Aunt Amy and my cousin's out in California, but at the end of the trip-it just feels good to be home. I didn't just go out to Pasadena to visit my relatives though, I also went to find mom and Aunt Bay's old manager to help me with something. With his help I recorded Aunt Bay's song in a music video of my own design and became a hit almost over night-I can't wait to show it to everyone, though I'm sure all of my cousins have already seen it and know. We end up having one giant gathering at the house. I gather them all into the living room after setting the dvd up...

"I've gotta surprise fur everyone," I tells them as I grab the remotes, "Aunt Bay left a song fur all of us," I explain, "and while I was in California...I went and recorded it."

"Y'all did what?" Mom asks shocked by the fact that I took it from her things without her noticing

"With Jack's help of coarse," I add in quickly

"..." she just stares at me after I mention her old manager

"Aunt Bay wrote this," I continue, "and I sang it; it's called: Where you belong."