The Galveston Girl

*Hands to Heaven: Breathe-1988*
Setting:2001...

'Police say that the young woman snapped as she tried to stab an officer while he was off guard, with a make shift knife,' the news reporter on the tv says as a picture of none other than Elvira Adams appears on screen, 'Officer Rivers says that he is fine, and that this convicted whom was meant to be released from custody today, will instead be transferred to the nearest psychiatric hospital for the people's safety, as well as her own.'

'It's a real shame,' Officer Rivers says in the video footage, 'y'all grow up with a person, and ya never really can imagine a-a childhood friend c-could ever do such a thing-'

"Well," Connie sighs as she turns off her tv, "that can't be good."

      Connie Tucker gets up off the senior center couch and grabs her keys; her family might find her no longer able to live on her own, but she could still drive. She signs herself out and goes to her car; Connie knew people: he knew her granddaughter would never have befriended a potential murderer, she also knew that her grandson would befriend a two faced lair. She never liked or trusted Rivers: didn't like the boy hanging around her grandson, and sure as hell didn't like the fact that her granddaughter had a thing for him either. She still remembered when she first met the boy, when Georgie first met him at the age of five and brought him home to play-she thought he was a demon child. Connie finally arrives in Galveston at the hospital and makes her way to her granddaughter's room.

"Name?" The woman behind the desk asks in a bored tone

"Bailey Cooper," Connie tells her as she writes down her name

"Relationship?" She asks

"I'm the grandma," Connie chuckles

"Go on back," the woman says not really caring

"Thanks," Connie mutters as she goes, "not much help."

     Connie rolls her eyes and shakes her head in disbelief at how lazy, laidback, and careless the hospital seems to be; she lets out a heavy sigh as she reaches her granddaughter's room and goes through the door. Connie stop short of closing the door behind her; she squints her eyes as she looks around the room suspiciously, knowing that something in the room is off, and she already had and idea of what it was...

"Alright," she calls out with a sigh, "I know y'all are there," she adds folding her arms, "Come on out Elvira."

     Nothing but silence at first, but then the long cabinet is pushed open and the young convict steps out from within it; her eyes are bloodshot and nose red from having clearly been crying. Connie arches an eyebrow in expectation at the girl in question before letting out another sigh and letting her crossed arms fall...

"Start talkin," is all Connie tells her

"I-I didn't," she breaks down sobbing, "h-he did-then I-and he..."

"Y'all ain't making any sense," Connie says to the crying girl, "who did what now?"

"J-Jordan R-Rivers," Elvira stutters and sniffles

     Connie's eyes go wide with slight shock, she quickly goes back to the door and turns the lock on it before looking back to the crying young woman on the floor...