14 Years Later: Nevermore, Evermore Forget Me Not

*Two by Two from Sofia the First; edited lyrics to fit Bailey singing it*

Setting: 2034...

"...I nearly missed the birth of my baby brother's first child in May of two thousand twenty one due almost dying from my first heart attack a few days prior. They named him Albert Einstein Cooper, just as I had predicted they would; now, five years later, they're expecting again, and I fear my time will all too soon be coming to a close before I get to meet the new additions to their family..."

     My aunt predicted right, she didn't live to meet my cousins; in fact, she passed away from her second heart attack while driving home from work at one of my father's stores and her car crashed into a down telephone line that electrocuted her car on fire, the day before they were even born-if the heart attack hadn't killed her, the crash and fire certainly did. I was thirteen when my godmother and aunt died, I'm twenty one and getting ready to go visit my aunt Amy and uncle Sheldon out in California; my cousins,' their kids, are older now-Albert is now thirteen, and is younger, twin siblings: Bailey Bossi Cooper, and Zinnia Curie Cooper are now eight years old. Bailey Bossi is my uncle Sheldon's youngest son, but we all just call him 'B2' and Zinnia Curie is his youngest and only daughter, we just call her 'Zin' and as for Albert, we call him 'Ace.' Things we're never the same after my aunt Bailey's death, not for my parents, or Na-Na; not for anyone. I wouldn't be able to tell you who her death hit the most to be honest, Na-Na sold her house in Medford and moved in with my uncle Barry to help him with my other cousins...

     My Uncle Barry was a mess, and his kids-my cousins-who were six and seven at the time, didn't full grasp what was going on; they're fourteen and fifteen now. Uncle Sheldon had a break down over her death and ran away to the train station-which apparently was not the first time he's done that from what I've heard. Aunt Missy, I didn't see her for weeks after the news came, and I kept hearing my parent whisper when they thought they were alone about something called 'the Cooper curse,' aunt Bailey was fifty years, one month, and twenty nine days old when she died. The news of her death went world wide due to her holding a world record and having dabbled in the entertainment business, so there were a few celebrities at her funeral, like: Wil Wheaton, along with her and my mom's old manager. The reading of her Will was put off though-until we could find Aunt Missy and until Uncle Sheldon returned from running away-and read a year later...

In her will, she left each of the kids a thousand dollars each, only to be claim after reaching the age of twenty one; two thousand dollars to help with the expense of her funeral, her autograph picture of Wesley Crusher to Uncle Sheldon, an old jacket from great Uncle Stumpy-She left for my daddy, and a series of letters addressed to each member left in the family. I don't know what a number of the letters said, but I do know that not everyone got there's right away or still haven't gotten theirs. The will had been slightly revised since its first draft in May of two thousand twenty; she had it add that certain possessions that Na-Na held of hers, be put aside for certain people, but back to the letters. Each letter came with a copy of a book that she had written about her life and had published; every letter that is, accepted for MeeMaw, thought I don't really know why that is. As far as I know, aside from the adults the only ones to receive their letters from aunt Bailey, are myself and my cousin Carl...

     Aunt Bailey didn't have any specific age expectancy of when the kids should get their letters, our parents just decided that we'd get them when they thought we are old and mature enough to be given them. I got mine not long after she died-with an IQ Of three hundred, I've always been a tad bit more mature than most my age-and my cousin Carl got his just recently. I cried after reading mine the first time-I still cry when I reread it-it basically told me about her hopes and dreams for me, words of wisdom, how proud is of me even though she isn't there to see my accomplishments, that she'd always be looking out for me, and that she loves me very much. Carl wouldn't tell or show me what was in his letter; as for the book that she wrote that came with it, I didn't bother reading it until recently. It describes every thought, and detail of her life, every honest thought, every deep, and dark secret as well as some very graphic details. Every detail from her earliest memories, to the car accident that put her in the coma she was famous for, and her life after that up until just before she died...