California Dreamin'

*Try Everything: Zootopia-Shakira*

Setting: December 31, 2018; New Years Eve...

Bailey has been messaging with Barry Kripke since Christmas now; she walks about the house on cloud nine for days, as she longs to be back in California. She wakes early in the morning, humming happily and twirling about the house as she goes about her days with only Barry on her mind. In the past few days, her romantic side as been continuously fueled by movies and television show episodes of lovers counting down to the new year and kissing upon the stroke of midnight, which only arouses her already burning desire to see Barry more. It is now just before sunrise of New Years Eve, and she is humming away as usual as she happily cooks breakfast for everyone in the house hold. It isn't very long before she's cooked up a feast foe the lot of her family, has it set on the table, the sound of feet hurrying down the stairs and everyone soon sits round praying and digging in...

"This is absolutely delicious," Amy remarks with a smile

"Excuse me," Aunt Anna says, pushing her own plate away and stepping outside for a smoke

"..." a round of silence goes by the family as Anna goes out the front door

"Somethin' wrong down by the Bay?" Uncle Ed asks her, noticing her silence

"I-I um..." she starts still a bit dazed

"What is it baby?" Mary asks her with concern

"I've been talkin' with a fella I met in California," she admits to them quietly

"That so?" Connie asks her granddaughter as a small smirk comes to her face, "ya don't say..."

"And what's this fellas name?" Ed asks, becoming protective of his niece

"Barry," she tells the, "Barry Kripke."

"Bailey and Barry," Mary repeats in awe with a slight laugh, "Barry and Bailey."

"Try sayin' That back ta back five times fast," Connie laughs as well

"Hm," Bailey clears her throat and the laughter dies instantly

"Y'all were sayin?" Connie asks her

"What's this Barry fella do?" Ed asks her

"He's a theoretical physicist like Shelly," Bailey tells them, smiling away, "works at the college with 'im too."

"Oh so one of Shelly's friends," Mary says brightly, "isn't that nice-"

"Most certainly is not," Sheldon mutters

"Sheldon," Amy scolds as Bailey glares at him

"Well it most certainly is not 'nice' as mom puts it; Kripke is not one of my friends," he argues, "he's a colleague at most and an acquaintance at least-"

"That's enough Moonpie," Connie tells him, noticing Bailey's sour face

"I've decided," Bailey continues after a moment, "I'm gonna return ta California today," she tells them, "my flight is in an hour-"

"So soon?" Mary asks her in shock, "baby what bout New Years?"

"I'll FaceTime ya," she replies, "but I wanna go back and get settled-"

"Ya mean-" Connie starts, "that y'all wanna leave us and move yer life ta California like yer brother 'ere?"

"Yes," she admits quietly, "I've already packed...E'll be 'ere soon ta take me ta the airport."

"And I'm," Mary says clearing her throat, "when can we expect ya back again?"

"I've got at least three more interviews," she tells them thinking about her schedule, "and Barry wants ta go rock climbin' again-"