Going Home

*Elvira: remake of The Oak Ridge Boys 1981 version by Home Free with the Oak Ridge Boys in 2015*
*All chapters after this will take place in present time from where: chapter 39- Best Friends Are Forever, left off.*

Setting: July 2018; while the events of 21-Meeting the Niece & Nephew, 27-Disagreeing With A Slut, the ending of chapter 33-Going Home, & chapter 39-Best Friends Are Forever is taking place...

Elvira wakes at the crack of dawn-which isn't normal for her, she wakes still tired and sleepy, but unable to go back to sleep; she glances at the clock for a moment till her vision becomes clear: six fifteen am exactly. She rubs her eyes as she gets ready to start the day, some this day feels different from all the others. She stares at the Cooper-Fowler wedding invitation hanging on her fridge as she leans against the stove opposite f rom it while drinking a bottle of water. She was appreciative of the invite, but the moment Amy had told her that Sheldon flew out to Texas to try to get his brother to come so that his mother would, she knew then she couldn't go. Sure, by now all the Cooper accept Sheldon and Bailey would probably see her as nothing more than a random wedding guest with a child; just a stranger, but she didn't think she was ready to see any of them again...to see Georgie again.

Once Sheldon and Amy had left on their honeymoon, Elvira had to find someone else to watch Hyla while she worked; she at first thought to ask the Wolowitzs'-but they leave their kids with either that kind of creepy comic store owner, or Raj-whom she doesn't have a problem with, but just didn't think as the best idea. Which left the Hofstadters'-they seem nice enough, she just really preferred Sheldon and Amy since they're Hyla's blood; but seeing as Sheldon and Amy were gone, the Hofstadters' were the only best option in her mind. But luckily Sheldon and Amy have recently returned from their honeymoon, and things could get back to normal. She flips through the channels, looking something to watch while waiting for her daughter to wake up, she feeds and waters Phonos, and eats some cereal as she watches the weather. It's around seven thirty that Hyla is up and running into the kitchen for breakfast, she fixes herself a bowl a cereal just like her mommy-with some assistance pouring the milk, and Elvira switches the channel from the weather to a rerun of 'Little Einsteins' while they ate.

As soon as they finish, the tv is turned off, and Elvira is washing their dishes while Hyla is getting dressed for the day; by eight thirty, they're both out the door with Phonos on a leash. They head downstairs to the four and knock on the Hofstadters door, it is soon opened by Penny...

"Hey Hyla," Penny greets the five year old with a wide smile

"..." she just smiles back

"Ready for a fun day with Auntie Penny and Uncle Leonard?" She asks her

"..." Hyla just continues to smile as she nods her head enthusiastically

"Please, please, please don't give my baby sugar after lunch time," she tells Penny

"I will make sure Raj doesn't give her candy in the afternoon," Penny tells her

"And nothin Star Wars related before bed," she adds, "a number of the creatures in those films gaver nightmares last time."

"I'll be sure to pass that onto Leonard," Penny says, "anything else?"

"Um-ya," She says digging through her purse, "here."

"Why are you handing me a physics text book?" Penny asks confused

"Sheldon's been reading it to 'er," she explains

"Of course he has," Penny states

"The chapter we left off on is bookmarked," she adds in, "reader no more than one chapter before nap time, and remember ta singer softy kitty or she will refuse ta sleep."