Our Song

*Heaven is a place on earth-1987*

Setting: three days from last chapter's ending; Georgie's home in Dallas...

"Coffee?" Erika asks him as he enters the kitchen with a yawn

"Thanks," he sighs as he takes a mug from her

"What's on yer mind Prince Charming?" She asks noticing the deep in thought look on his face as he takes a seat at the table

"Just wondering bout something," he tells her as he sips his coffee

"What yer sister said?" She asks him as she sips her own coffee

"Yea," is all he says, "why's she leavin-and how's it my fault?"

"Gonna have ya ask 'er yerself there charming," she tells him with a sigh, "or yer sister-though she wasn't wrong bout the fake testicles," she tells him, "they are an eye sore."

"Hey-" he starts

"That's part of the reason why y'all weren't allowed ta take my kids in her car," she huffs, "ain't no mother needs 'er child askin bout that stuff before reachin double digits," she adds, "her sister did ya a favor-I mean, ya really think yer precious 'E,' wants 'er five year old daughter round that stuff?"

"..." he goes quiet

"It be different if she had a boy," Erika adds in

"I just don't see why she taken our daughter back ta California all of a sudden and she ain't said nothin ta me," he stays dumb founded

"I might have an idea Princey," she sigh as she put her mug down on the table and leans back

"..." he looks to her expectingly

"Might have somethin ta do with ya dotin' on me," she tells him

"What?" He says with a chuckle, "no," he denies, "it ain't like that, E knows that-"

"Does she?" Erika asks cutting him off, completely serious

"..." he stares at her again

"Y'all been by my side like we're married again since it all happened Georgie," she tells him seriously, "and I'm grateful ta ya fur that," she adds in, "but if yer thinkin that she's still 'the one' after all these years-" she tells him, "then don't let me be the misunderstanding' that causes ya ta loser again."

"..." he opens his mouth to speak

"I might be broke, have nothin and no one," she cuts him off, "but I ain't weak; I can stand on my own two feet, and I've gotta plan bout what's next fur me," she tells him, "I ain't gonna impose on ya fur much longer, just till I earn enough money ya pay fur a plane ticket outta Texas-"

"Outta Texas?" He asks her in shock

"Too much has happen 'ere, I wanna start fresh somewheres else," she tells him, "plus I wanna travel the world a bit-maybe India," she shrugs, "see where my mother's side of the family's from."

"I didn't know y'all are Indian," he states shocked

"Five years of marriage and friend now fur twelve-nearing thirteen years now," she sighs, "wasn't really a secret," she shrugs again, "just never really came up I guess-but we're gettin off topics 'ere charming," she clears her throat, "September starts tomorrow Georgie," she tells him, "go ta Medford and talk ta 'er before ya miss yer chance and she's gone again."

"..." he glances over to the clock

"Fur lands sakes Cooper," she huffs at him, "Don't worry bout the store, I'll be sure it opens on time," she tells him, "now go, get in yer truck and get ta Medford," she adds standing from her seat, "before I throw ya outta yer own house," she adds in, "and fur bod sake Georgie," she adds in as she hands him his truck keys, "Don't fuck things up."