Meeting the In-Laws

Setting: another two weeks later, beginning of October; Raj and Erika's apartment-1A...

"There gonna hate me Raj!" Erika exclaims in an panic

"They'll love you," he tells her with a smile, lying through his teeth, "as soon as we tell them you're half Indian."

"What if they don't believe I am 'cause of my Texan accent?" She says getting worked up

"You need to relax Erika," he tells her, "you might not sound it," he adds trying to cheer her up a bit, "but you definitely look it."

"..." she just stares at him, wondering if he's serious before she bursts out laughing, then goes nervous again, "do they gotta meet me tonight?" She whine out, "can't we just wait and put it off till say...after we have kids or-" she stops short as the FaceTime on his computer starts going off, "something-"

"Just take deep breaths," he tells her, "everything will be fine," he continues as he guides her over to the couch and sits her down in front of the screen, "you'll see."

"They'll probably like the dog better than me," Erika mutters under her breath as Raj sits down on the couch next to her and finally answers the call

"Hello mummy,"Raj greets his parents with a smile, "Hello Daddy."

"Rajesh," his mother starts, not in a pleasant mood, "What is so important that warranted your father and I being on the same call?"

"Uh well," Raj starts glancing over at his nervous wife

"Who're you looking at?" His father asks him, "is someone there with you?"

"Yes, Actually," Raj admits as he takes a deep breath, "Mummy, Daddy," he starts again, "I want you both to meet my wife," he says as he points the camera over at her, "Erika."

"Howdy," she says with a obvious, nervous smile

"..." no response comes from Rajesh's parents at first

"Rajesh," comes his mother's voice, and from Erika's viewing, she did not look pleased, "Take your father and I somewheres more private so we can talk."

"But mummy-" Raj starts

"Do as your mother says," his father adds in not looking any happier than his ex-wife

Erika buries her face in her hands in pure dejection as Raj gets up with computer and goes to another room; Erika silently beats herself up as the door to their bedroom closes, she knew this was a bad idea from the start. They hated her, she just knew it; she could see it plan as day on their faces...and this was just his parents, she dreaded to imagine what his three brothers and two sister opinions on her would end up being. Cinnamon is soon hopped up on the couch, licking at the back of her hands that are hiding her face. Erika soon sighs as she sits up and lets the dog move into her lap as she quietly pets her and waits for Raj to come back out with the verdict. While the bedroom, Raj is arguing with his parents about-everything...

"I love her," Raj argues

"You just met her less than two months ago," his mother snaps at him

"You married a total stranger," his father adds in

"And you didn't even bother to invite your own family to the wedding," his mother chides

"Oh wait," his father says sarcastically, "that is because you didn't have one!"

"And what about her family Rajesh," his mother continues, "What if they had wanted to be there-"

"That be pretty hard to do," he states flatly, "considering they're all dead-"