Frustration

*If I die young: the band Perry*

Setting: a month later; a cemetery in Austin, six caskets being lowered into their set graves...

The priest spoke, the eulogies given and now six coffins are being lowered into six masked graves as all in attendance are either silent or in tears. All of Georgie and his family are present in show of support of Erika's loss; it has been a miserable day from the start: completely clouded over with dark gray clouds and started pouring during the procession, as well as all throughout it. Erika has now truly lost everything: she was forced to sell her cars, house, and everything in it just to pay for it all-the extra grave plots, caskets and funerals themselves; she even cleaned out all their bank accounts and it still wasn't enough, she had to borrow the last bit of money from Georgie. Some of the children's friends and their parents came to give their condolences as well as some of her husband's colleagues, but she was like a broken-lifeless doll the whole time. She didn't want to impose on Georgie's family, but she has nowheres else to go, and he insisted upon it.

She hardly speaks, barely eats or has left the house since she arrived at the Cooper house in Medford. She just sits in one place-though that spot varies every now and again-and does nothing but stare at whatever is in front of her. All she wants is for it all to be some horrible nightmare that she'll soon wake from and all will be as it once was in her life-but it never comes to pass. Once all six caskets have been lowered, and are being buried, everyone beings to leave as it continues to pour. Only Erika remains standing in front of the graves, her tears hidden by the rain as cries and grieves, just starring at the graves...

Noah P. Mage
Brother
1980-2018
'May he finally find peace of mind in death which he could not in life.'

James E. Mage
Beloved Nephew & Aspiring Lawyer
1997-2018
'A life cut too short.'

Julia N. Mage
Beloved Niece
2002-2018
'A life unfulfilled.'

Walter Mathews
Beloved husband, Uncle & father
1973-2018
Greatness isn't measured by the person you are, but by your actions.'

Anthony W. Mathews
Beloved son
2008-2018
'A life barely started.'

Georgina E. Mathews
Beloved daughter
2010-2018
'A life hardly lived.'

"Erika," Georgie says quietly as he places a hand on her shoulder, "we should get goin-"

"Yea," is her only response

     He gently pulls her along behind him, in the direction of the cars and out of the cemetery; the drive back to Medford is quiet in all three cars. In Connie's car is: herself, Sheldon, Amy, Erika and Georgie; Mary's holds: herself, Missy, Carl, Matilda and Mary's brother Edward, while Bailey, Elvira and Hyla are in the car with Lawrence and Anna. Each person in each car has their own thoughts running through there minds as the drive continues, the three children are fast asleep due to the motion of the moving cars, and no on really as anything to be said. Georgie and Elvira haven't really spoken about certain things since the day of the cookout a month ago, and he's been around Erika more than anyone else. At first Hyla would follow him around and try to get his attention, but after him telling her 'not now, later cowgirl,' for the third or fourth time, she just stopped all together and started playing with her cousin Carl or occupying her time with anyone else that would pay her some attention. Elvira didn't like seeing her baby girl get turned away by Georgie, but she says nothing since the woman had just lost everything and she knew on some level what that was like. After the cookout that day, Elvira and Hyla went back to staying at the hotel they got, and Georgie invited Erika to stay with him in his house in Dallas. Only Mary, her brother, Sheldon, Amy, and Bailey remained in Mary's home in Medford; as August drags on, and starts coming to an end, Elvira gets tired of waiting around for Georgie come around so they can finish their talk...