Worries of the Brother

Setting: a few weeks from the last chapter; Bailey's still using the cane to get around, but has moved out of her mother's home in Medford and is now living with her twin brother Georgie and Erika, as well as working with them in his store in Dallas...

"Y'all really need ta get rid of all practically nude women photos in 'ere," Bailey tells Georgie as she looks around his office

"And what makes ya think I'll listen ya you?" He asks as he leans back on his chair, hands behind his head and feet on his desk

"If y'all don't do it, E will," she tells him with a sigh, "cause I highly doubt she'll want Hyla seein women depicted in this manner."

"Yea," he says quietly at the mention of them

"Surgery is soon," she adds quietly

"I know," he sigh-clearly worried, "I'm gonna fly out there with Erika-"

"And me," Bailey cuts in

"Y'all ain't goin nowheres till yer walkin on yer own," he tells her as he sits up in his chair again, "mom said."

"And I will be," she snaps with determination in her eyes, "Why's Erika goin?"

"She wants a fresh start somewheres else," he tells her, "she already gotta job and place ta stay lined up out there too."

"Hey Bay?" Comes Erika's voice as she pops her head into Georgie's office

"Yea?" She replies

"I need ya ta cover the register so I can help a customer move some tires," Erika tells her

"I'll be right there," Bailey tells her

"Oh and Georgie!" Erika says coming back as she remembers

"Yea?" He asks her

"Yer girl is on the line," she tells him, "says y'all forgot ta exchange cell numbers before they left," she explains, "her brother gave 'er the store number sayin that he's tired of the two of ya usin his video chat lines," she continues, "anyways, she says it's important-bout yer little girl."

"Alright," he sighs out, running a hand through his hair as he leans back in his chair-again the worry plain as day on his face, "Thank ya Erika."

"Sure thing Princey," she tells him as she goes

"..." silence falls over the siblings as he stares at his desk, and she stares at the floors while leaning on her cane

"She's gonna be fine Georgie," Bailey tells him quietly as she leans over his desk and places her hand over his, "She's a Cooper girl," she adds in, "and we're just as tough as the boys-" she continues before thinking of her baby brother and correcting herself with a smirk, "most of the boys."

     He sighs but says nothing to as he only gives her a silent nod; Bailey lets out a sigh herself as she pats his hand, straightens out and takes her leave of his office. She stands at the register helping customers for a while, while Georgie sits in his office on the phone listening to his fiancé go over what the doctors told her about their daughter's up coming surgery. Erika remains on the floor, helping customers with questions and making sales; the two women work in Georgie's tire store to equal out his paying for all three of theirs tickets. Once off the phone with Elvira, Georgie lets out a heavy sigh as he finds himself unable to focus on anything accept his new found daughter never ending worries for his little girl that's now states away from him with her mother. He hadn't spent too much time with her when she and her mother were in Texas, but he found that she was all smiles during the time they did spend together.

"I'm goinon break," Georgie calls the Erika and Bailey as he heads for the door

"It's my break too actually," Bailey says as she comes round the counter from the register, "I'll come with ya."