Gran Cooper's Old House

Setting: December 23, 2018...

      Georgie sits in the living room of his mother's house, watching the news while his daughter and nephew are playing somewhat quietly on the floor. Elvira, Mary and Bailey are out Christmas shopping with Sheldon, Amy, Matilda, Missy and Sheldon's friends. Uncle Stumpy visiting with MeeMaw in the senior center and his aunt and uncle are who knows where, doing who knows what and he didn't really care at this time. At this time, all that's boiling in his mind, is where his family is going to live instead of continuing to impose on his mother. He reached out to Bobbie Sparks about suing the construction company, she told him he has a sound case but that no court will take it till after the new year because of how close to the holidays it is.

"Ow!" A shout from one of the kids, snaps him from his thoughts

"Ow!" Carl shouts as Georgie looks over to see Hyla hit him

"HEY!" Georgie snaps at her, "y'all don't hit family!"

"He pulled my hair," she tells him in a small voice as her eyes avert to the carpeted floor

"Carl," Georgie sigh out, "y'all pull 'er hair?"

"No," he says quietly

"Liar!" Hyla shouts hitting him again

"Hyla Constance Cooper!" Georgie shouts at her, "I already told ya that y'all don't hit family!"

"Yea," Carl echoes, "don't hit family."

"And don't y'all go thinkin' I don't know yer fibbin' neither," Georgie snaps, turning to his nephew, "and I will be tellin' yer mother."

"Nooooo!" The toddler wails and starts crying

"Then apologize ta yer cousin NOW," Georgie tells his crying nephew, "or we can call 'n' tell yer mother right now."

"NOOOO!" He screams between sobs

"Apologize now Carl," Georgie warns

"I DON'T WANNA!" Carl cries, having his five year old temper tantrum

"Carl Wesley Connors so help me," he says getting frustrated with the boy

"Cowboy!" Comes Elvira's voice from the doorway

"..." he looks over to where his wife and the rest of his family stands peering in

"What's goin' on?" Bailey asks looking shocked

"The hell ya'll say ta my son?" Missy practically snarls at Georgie

"Cowgirl," Georgie says while still starring at his pissed off younger sister, "tell yer aunt Missy what happened."

"..." Missy's angry face turns to her niece

"He pulled my hair," she says quietly, "and I hit him," she tells her, still quiet, "then daddy yelled..."

"Keep goin' Cowgirl," Georgie tells her

"Daddy told asked 'im if he pulled my hair," she goes on, hanging her head, "and he said 'no,' so I called 'im a liar and hit 'im again..."

"..." Missy is silent for a moment longer, her angry face faltering as she turns to her tantrum throwing son, "APOLOGIZE NOW," she tells Carl sternly, "or I will put ya over my knee 'ere and now."

"NO!" He screams pushing at Missy's legs

"Fine," she says through gritted teeth and pulls him by the wrist towards the couch where she did not hesitate to lift him over her lap and spank him once, causing him to cry harder, "now apologize ta yer cousin."