Depressed @ Disneyland

Setting: February 14, 2020; Valentine's Day...

     Unlike last Valentine's Day, Bailey and Barry have decided to go out this year; they decide on Disneyland in Anaheim-to which Bailey laughed at the name and joking about it being the secret tenth world of the Norse nine worlds on the tree of Yggdrasil. The drive to Disneyland takes close to an hour, Tucker and Austin sleep the whole away as Bailey does so half the way and spends the other half talking Barry's ear off about various houses they had been looking at to either rent or purchase and live in. Bailey's never been to any of the Disney parks and from her choice of topics, Barry gets the impression that she isn't too excited or interested in the fact that they're even going...

"We should get the ranch house," she tells him, "it's got a nice big back yard, a giant kitchen," she goes on, "it's bigger on the inside than the outside lets on-"

"It's awso in Texas," he cuts her off with his eyes still on the road

"Yer point?" She asks him, "ain't nothin' wrong with Texas tutti fruity."

"I'm not saying thewe is," he tells her, "but my wowk is hewe-"

"So is mine," she cuts him off in a huff, "that don't mean I wanna stay 'ere furever; Texas is my home-most of my family's there..."

"..." he focuses on the road and says nothing

"I don't want the boys growin' up in the shadow of my limelight," she lets out a heavy sigh, "Sure actin' is fun and all," she adds in, "but I don't wanna do it furever, and y'all can easily get a job at one of the many universities the lone star state has ta offer-"

"Do we have to tawk about this now?" He asks with irritation in his tone, "why can't you just choose a house that's in cawifownia."

"If y'all wake the boys with yer tude," she warns him as she scrolls through available houses on her phone, "so help me-"

"We'we awmost thewe," he cuts her off

"Huh," she sighs heavily with clear sadness to it as she turns her stare to the moving scenery outside her window and mumbles, "is she pretty?"

"Who?" He asks her, his eyes still on the road in front of them

"She prettier than me?" She mumbles again as the reflection of her eyes from the car window show them to be seemingly lifeless

"..." he stays quiet having not heard her mumble this time and no seeing the lifelessness to her eyes

"She smarter than me?" She asks quietly, a glossy sheen to her eyes

"Who?" Barry repeats having heard her this time

"She a better cook?" She whispers with a sniffle as she fights back her urge to cry

"What'we you tawking about Bay?" He asks her completely clueless to her implications

"Does she wear glasses?" Her voice chokes as she asks him, "I can get glasses and wear 'em too-"

"You don't need gwasses," he tells her even more confused by her words, "sewiouswy, What awe you tawking about?"

"I'll go ta college and study real hard," she mumbles, ignoring his questions, "I'll get a doctorate and-"

"Baiwey," He snaps in a quiet, stern voice and he goes quiet, "what'we you tawking about?"

"Never mind," she says with a defeated sigh, "it's nothin."

"We'we hewe," he sighs out as he puts the car in park

"Then we should go enjoy 'the most magical place on earth,' shouldn't we?" She asks unconvincingly