Fire

*Tough: Kellie Pickler-2012 but pretend Elvira wrote it*

Setting: a random day in 2016; Elvira's apartment in Los Angels California...

"You're gonna have ya cancel the concert Jack," Elvira says into the phone with a heavy sigh

"I can't just do that," he tells her, "it's too last minute to do that Lou," he adds in, "and it's a full house."

"Hyla is running a fever," she argues, "I'm a mother first and for most-"

"I know that Lou," he tells her, "and you're an amazing mom-"

"I can't just leave 'er alone in the apartment unsupervised," she cuts him off, "she's only three years old and Phonos is still too much of a pup to keeper safe."

"What about her father?" Jack asks in a hopeful tone

"He lives in a different state and-" she mutters bitterly with a heavy sigh, "he don't know she exists neither."

"Wonderful," Jack replies sarcastically, "fantastic even."

"What about yer wife?" She asks hopeful, "could she baby sit?"

"Caroline went to Milan for fashion week or something," he sighs heavily in response, "does her father have any family out here you could leave her with till after the show?"

"Most of his family lives out in Texas along with 'im," she tells him as she wracks her brain in thought, "but I know he's gotta younger brother out 'ere in California-"

"Great!" Jack exclaims all too soon

"But I ain't gotta clue where's bout in California he lives," she admits with a defeated sigh

"Great," he repeats with a heavy sigh of defeat, "and we don't have time to track him down either."

"Like I said before Jack," she sighs out, "Yer just gonna have ta cancel the concert."

"What if Maryanne watched her?" He asks her

"No way," she replies sharply, "I ain't lettin a teenager that can't even keep a tamagotchi alive, watch my baby; I'm sorry, I don't care if she is her daughter Jack."

"No offense taken," he tells her simply, "but despite my concerns about her keeping other things alive," he starts to admit, "Maryanne, is actually really good with kids, you have my word Louisa."

"... ...alright fine," she finally agrees with a heavy sigh

"Great," he tells her, "I'll drop Maryanne off when I come to pick you up."

"Fine," she sighs out before hanging up the phone

     She lets out another worried sigh as she hurries about the apartment: straightening up a bit, getting ready to go and making precise notes of things for Maryanne to follow. She leaves a list on the fridge of her cell, the doctors number as well as other things before tucking Hyla in her new little bed and kissing her Goodnight. The expected knock soon comes to the door and she hurries to answer it...

"Hey Ms. Louisa," the teen squeals excitedly

"Howdy Maryanne," she greets in reply as she lets the teen inside

"I'm so excited to watch your concert on the tv," she says gritty

"Yer 'ere ta watch my daughter Maryanne," she reminds the teen as she closes the door, "and y'all better be attentive ta 'er," she adds, "Cause Hyla is my life."