Another 5 Years Later

Setting:December 1985; dinner time in the Cooper house, George at the head, Meemaw opposite of him,Mary and Missy on the right, while Georgie and Shelly sit on the left with Bailey between them...

"So how was everybody's day?" Mary asks as they eat, "George?"

"Same old," George tells her as they eat

"Mom?" She asks

"Plenty of whiskey sours helped," she replies slightly bitter

"Right," Mary mutters, "Georgie, Bailey, what about you two? How was your day?"

"E wasn't in school again today," Bailey says as she eats, "it was kinda boring without her-"

"I'm sorry to hear that baby," Mary tells her, "Georgie, what about you? How was your day?"

"..." he remains quiet

"The gym teacher benched him during flag football in class today," Bailey announces, "cause he-ow! Georgie!"

"Ow!" Georgie exclaims after Bailey hits him upside the head, "Bay!"

"George Jacob Cooper Jr you do not kick your sister!" Mary scolds, "And Bailey Ellie Cooper you do not retaliate by hitting him!"

"Georgie," George starts, "Why were you benched?"

"I almost accidentally got Bay sent to the nurses office," he grumbles under his breath

"You What?!" Mary and George exclaim in shock

"Are you alright darlin?" George asks looking to his oldest daughter

"Missy we do not throw our food," Mary scolds

"I'm fine Daddy," Bailey says with a bright smile, "the coach just overreacted; nothin more than a dump on the head, though the nurse says to keep an eye out for signs of a con-con-"

"Concussion?" Sheldon states the word for her, "symptoms include: headaches, confusion, lack of coordination, memory loss, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, ringing in the ears, sleeplessness, and excessive fatigue."

"..." they all stare at the five year old for a moment

"Anything else?" MeeMaw asks as she takes a sip of her wine

"Headaches can be persistent or servers; whole body can experience blackouts, fatigue or poor balance," the five year old boy continues, "cognitive which includes the amnesia, disorientation or mental confusion; sleep: sleepless disturbances or sleepiness; gastrointestinal: nausea or vomiting. Also common signs are: irritability, mild depression, ringing in the ears, or sensitivity to light."

"Bailey," Mary starts slowly, "how're you feelin baby?"

Things are quiet as everyone's gazes is on the oldest Cooper girl as her face starts to grow paler by the second and her fork holding spaghetti and hot dogs on it falls from her hand, clattering loudly against her bowl. She sees everyone talking to her, but can't hear any of their voices over the ringing in her ears and soon her eyes are squinting from the brightness of the lights. She starts to get up from her seat, but the moment she does, she ends up emptying her stomach onto the table and losing her balance.

"Stop shout at 'er!" Meemaw exclaims, "she clearly can't hear ya."

"Mom?" Georgie asks starting to freak out

"Bay ok?" Missy asks growing scared by the way her older sister is acting

"Not likely," Sheldon says as he too observes and becomes frightened by his sister's actions

"George start the car!" Mary panics, "I already lost my father, I'm not losing one of my babies too."

The other three Cooper kids watch in fright as their parents run around in a panic, their father carry their sister to the car and the three of them leave the driveway in a rushed speed. Meemaw and the other three Coopers pace around with worry as they wait for the phone to ring. Missy sits watching 'duck tales', Sheldon is sitting, working out the probability of his older sister dying, Meemaw's having a smoke, and Georgie is freaking out in his and his sister's room. All he finds himself able to is look around their shared room as he worries and panics. Thoughts about all their fights with each other, all the times he beat the crap out of the fellas that made fun of her and how she did the same for him with girls that badmouth him. Georgie thought about a lot of things as his fear for her life set in, but the question that was freaking him out the most as he starred at the bed covered in a flower print spread is: will I be left alone in this room?